U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 10:21 PM

29,944 posts, read 27,375,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARhodyInTheDesert View Post
Well, I've been told time and time again that the economies of Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, and Charlotte are much better than the economies of Phoenix, Las Vegas, Tampa, and Orlando, so that's the reason why I don't want to cross any of my preliminary choices cities off my list just yet. Don't you agree that's a safe bet at this point in time?
Tampa and Orlando are in the South, so I'm not sure why you grouped them with Phoenix and Las Vegas. Even if you don't consider Florida the "real South," Tampa and Orlando aren't anything close to being Southwestern cities.

At any rate, Atlanta and Charlotte are still trying to recover from the recession, so if your concerns are economic in nature, go ahead and scratch them off the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 05:31 PM

89 posts, read 79,860 times
Hmm interesting thread. I live in london UK but have been around the states many times. I have compiled many spreadsheets of where the ultimate city would be to live if I ever win the green card lottery etc lol. My criteria is very very similar to yours.
I had phoenix pegged as a winner about 2 years ago. Great weather (I love heat), clean, happening, sports teams, low crime (ish), decent priced.but .....this may not be important to you but phoenix is the main city and area in usa where the fatal endemic of VALLEY FEVER is. This is growing year by year and thousands and thousands are getting this painful breathless fatal disease every year from dust. It's from a certain type of plant/soil/fungus etc that only grows near phoenix and the slight surrounding area. Also in california. (Its spreads to west texas)Anyway this is on the rise and heavily documented if you check it out. So for me that ruled phoenix out. There is a valley fever map on this page CDC Features - Valley Fever: Awareness is Key
Some people may say they dont care about it and slim chance of getting it but I repeat its fatal and also crippling so I wouldn't live there where the plant grows. So I have narrowed it down to 3 cities dallas tampa and charlotte. Charlotte is starting to fade as I don't think there is much to do there.tampa or dallas are my two main choices if I ever move to usa or marry an American girl!

Old 10-05-2013, 06:05 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,880,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
+1

Don't, Raleigh is about as much fun as having VENEREAL DISEASE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.