U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 01:49 PM

864 posts, read 1,433,624 times

Advertisements

Savannah GA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 02:37 PM

12,249 posts, read 17,999,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcsligar View Post
Savannah GA
I heard that place is hunted.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 10-06-2013, 03:40 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,121,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Okay. I'll play. Washington, DC. Particularly the neighborhood of Capitol Hill.
Capitol Hill is weird. The whole city is but a few neighborhoods in particular feel like small towns that feel both southern and northern. The rowhouses with set-backs, all the trees, Capitol Hill feels like it could be in Charleston, SC IMO looks wise. That and the military presence makes the place feel like Parris Island.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:26 PM

7,823 posts, read 12,328,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Akron and Canton Ohio, plus anywhere in West Virginia. They all seem like hick, backward, isolated places where Buffalo Bill (from Silence of the Lambs), or the rapists from Deliverance are likely to live.
Well the closest West Virginia comes to being depressing is probably Huntington and Wheeling. In the Huntington area, Ironton Ohio and Ashland Kentucky feel more depressing than Huntington does.

However overall I'd have to say Union City, Newark, and Camden all in New Jersey were the most depressing. Philadelphia is pretty bad too.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:53 AM

363 posts, read 617,769 times
For me, Saint Louis seemed kind of erie except for downtown. The whole rest of the city seemed creepy though. Same with teh Metro East of STL. I also thought Kansas City Kansas (not the MO side which is pretty awesome) kind of had a creepy dumping ground kind of vibe to it.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:45 PM

62 posts, read 97,295 times
Ducktown, TN. More generally anywhere in the void between Cleveland, TN and Cherokee, NC. Last summer on a road trip with my girlfriend, our route-providing service (which shall remain nameless), decided the best route from Nashville to Cherokee involved avoiding I-40 altogether. Normally this wouldn't be a bad idea, despite this route traversing through a couple national forests-the "scenic" option, if you will...except by the time we finished our dinner in Chattanooga, the sun was setting over Lookout Mountain and the beginning of a very, very long and nerve-wracking drive was upon us.

After the first hour of total darkness, eerie mist, and feelings of pretty much complete dread on the part of my girlfriend, I pulled her Prius up to the first signs of life that we found at a Ducktown filling station right before the NC border. There were several trucks full of locals hanging out in the parking lot, seemingly just to "be" there. As this was a Sunday night, we found it particularly odd...and I'm from a place where people hanging out in trucks is fairly common. After my girlfriend did her thing inside, we immediately kept going into several more odd hours of intensely heavy fog, sharp curves, and considerable elevation gained/lost through a part of the world that felt totally lost from what we knew. And turned out to be totally beautiful during daylight, of course. But man, that was a drive/route I won't be wanting to ever have to do in those circumstances again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.