Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 04:27 PM

14 posts, read 13,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Des Moine, Iowa is the obvious choice.
it looks nice but there is also alot of crimes there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 04:31 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
Uhm... Yea, perhaps you should stay where you are. You're not going to find a city with virtually no crime. Especially since you've just disputed some good choices that offers lots of job opportunities. And no, crimes isn't that bad in those cities.

Old 10-19-2013, 05:10 PM

350 posts, read 848,091 times
I think we all see where this is going...

Old 10-19-2013, 05:17 PM

27,558 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmedR View Post
well i want to live in the city not in desert or montains and it doesn't matter about the weather or culture or stuff like that i will adapte lol. the thing that i really care about is safety.
Almost every city in the U.S. has areas with high crime as well as areas with very low crime. The high crime areas tend to be dominated by low income people.

On the other hand, people who are affluent or middle-class generally live in the low-crime areas and they rarely if ever deal with crime. Nobody voluntarily lives in a ghetto (unless they're crazy or something). In other words, money talks pretty loud in America.

Old 10-19-2013, 09:08 PM

12,968 posts, read 9,651,799 times
There is no utopia in America or anywhere on planet earth. Every major city or town has its good parts and its not so good parts. Just stay out of the bad parts of town surround yourself with good people and you should be fine. you have to ready for the Brave New World or it will swallow you up my friend. chose to be brave

Old 10-22-2013, 02:46 PM

135 posts, read 280,336 times
Quote:
in all the cities that you mentioned there is alot of crimes lol. i want a city with no gangs and crimes lol.
There are no such cities lol.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Almost every city in the U.S. has areas with high crime as well as areas with very low crime. The high crime areas tend to be dominated by low income people.

On the other hand, people who are affluent or middle-class generally live in the low-crime areas and they rarely if ever deal with crime. Nobody voluntarily lives in a ghetto (unless they're crazy or something). In other words, money talks pretty loud in America.
i'm completly of acord with you. any suggested pretty cities ?

Old 10-22-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
There is no utopia in America or anywhere on planet earth. Every major city or town has its good parts and its not so good parts. Just stay out of the bad parts of town surround yourself with good people and you should be fine. you have to ready for the Brave New World or it will swallow you up my friend. chose to be brave
thank you friend.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:46 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,313,214 times
Quote:
Hello
I'm 23 years old male. i have a master in Banking and Insurance, i'm planing to move to usa after the winning on the dv lottery program. i don't have any idea about usa i have never been there, please i need some advices about what city should i go to live and work in. I want a city with less crimes and not too expensive life.
I hope someone will help me.. thank you
First things first (after winning the Diversity Visa lottery program, of course) you must seek a state in the U.S. in which there is an alpha city in the Banking, Finance and Insurance industry. These global cities in the U.S. are Boston, Chicago, New York City, and San Francisco, all of which offer opportunities for employment which you seek as well as varying degrees of crime and cost of living; time for you to do some homework.

Top 10 Cities For A Career In Finance (June 2013)

Top 10 Cities For A Career In Finance

The Bottom Line

All of the cities discussed in this article offer wonderful possibilities for job seekers. Prospective employees will find that there are no wrong choices on this list, which leaves each individual free to select the city that best suits his or her interests.

Also, as other have repeatedly advised you there is no such place on earth, let alone the U.S. which is 100% crime free...more or less. If such a place did exist (Mayberry of yesteryear) I hesitate to guess that it will not be in an environement which would be conducive to employment in your chosen field of expertise (Banking and Insurance).

Best of luck to you!

Old 10-23-2013, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
First things first (after winning the Diversity Visa lottery program, of course) you must seek a state in the U.S. in which there is an alpha city in the Banking, Finance and Insurance industry. These global cities in the U.S. are Boston, Chicago, New York City, and San Francisco, all of which offer opportunities for employment which you seek as well as varying degrees of crime and cost of living; time for you to do some homework.

Top 10 Cities For A Career In Finance (June 2013)

Top 10 Cities For A Career In Finance

The Bottom Line

All of the cities discussed in this article offer wonderful possibilities for job seekers. Prospective employees will find that there are no wrong choices on this list, which leaves each individual free to select the city that best suits his or her interests.

Also, as other have repeatedly advised you there is no such place on earth, let alone the U.S. which is 100% crime free...more or less. If such a place did exist (Mayberry of yesteryear) I hesitate to guess that it will not be in an environement which would be conducive to employment in your chosen field of expertise (Banking and Insurance).

Best of luck to you!
Thank you very much your answer is very helpful and you gave me a picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.