U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-19-2013, 07:38 AM
 
14 posts, read 11,681 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

Hello
I'm 23 years old male. i have a master in Banking and Insurance, i'm planing to move to usa after the winning on the dv lottery program. i don't have any idea about usa i have never been there, please i need some advices about what city should i go to live and work in. I want a city with less crimes and not too expensive life.
I hope someone will help me.. thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-19-2013, 08:16 AM
 
Location: Burlington, Colorado
347 posts, read 718,692 times
Reputation: 498
Um.... probably going to need more information. America is not a European country, its a huge country with completely different landscapes, climates, and cultures all within its borders, sometimes within single states. What kind of weather do you like, where are you coming from and do you need a community of people from the same place or of similar culture, how big of a city do you want to live in, do you want to live in the central city or suburbia, ect, ect. Do you want to live in the desert, mountains, lakes, woods, the ocean, tropical, or so urban it doesn't matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2013, 08:42 AM
 
21,228 posts, read 30,461,228 times
Reputation: 19701
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmedR View Post
Hello
I'm 23 years old male. i have a master in Banking and Insurance, i'm planing to move to usa after the winning on the dv lottery program. i don't have any idea about usa i have never been there, please i need some advices about what city should i go to live and work in. I want a city with less crimes and not too expensive life. I hope someone will help me.. thank you
Cities like Minneapolis, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Denver and Salt Lake City would fit the "not too expensive" and "less crime" criteria as well as provide some options for work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2013, 08:46 AM
 
6,437 posts, read 9,973,899 times
Reputation: 8006
If you have no idea about the U.S., you might want to visit before you move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2013, 12:42 PM
 
542 posts, read 1,409,173 times
Reputation: 900
Seattle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2013, 04:10 PM
 
14 posts, read 11,681 times
Reputation: 11
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohazco View Post
Um.... probably going to need more information. America is not a European country, its a huge country with completely different landscapes, climates, and cultures all within its borders, sometimes within single states. What kind of weather do you like, where are you coming from and do you need a community of people from the same place or of similar culture, how big of a city do you want to live in, do you want to live in the central city or suburbia, ect, ect. Do you want to live in the desert, mountains, lakes, woods, the ocean, tropical, or so urban it doesn't matter.
thanks for the answer dear,
well i want to live in the city not in desert or montains and it doesn't matter about the weather or culture or stuff like that i will adapte lol. the thing that i really care about is safety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2013, 04:12 PM
 
14 posts, read 11,681 times
Reputation: 11
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Cities like Minneapolis, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Denver and Salt Lake City would fit the "not too expensive" and "less crime" criteria as well as provide some options for work.
in all the cities that you mentioned there is alot of crimes lol. i want a city with no gangs and crimes lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2013, 04:18 PM
 
14 posts, read 11,681 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
If you have no idea about the U.S., you might want to visit before you move.
it's to expensive for me to do that. i will count on you to guide me :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2013, 04:20 PM
 
Location: Canada
4,811 posts, read 4,456,857 times
Reputation: 3263
Des Moine, Iowa is the obvious choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2013, 04:20 PM
 
14 posts, read 11,681 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post
Seattle
http://www.city-data.com/city/Seattle-Washington.html
alot of crimes man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top