Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 08:39 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,500,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatealoneskatetogether View Post
Im going with heat. When sweating out liquid faster than you can take it in this posses a health risk. Your lack of comprehention considering this circumstance leads me to believe you never played in the heat. being wet, or a little cold, or not having grip is nothing, that happens during a cold rainy day.
It's not 35 degree cold, try 0 degree cold, maybe even in the negatives! If you want to avoid dehydration, there's this thing out, Gatorade... If not, then try water. Dump it all over yourself if you want. But you won't find a fireplace sitting on the sidelines during our games. Funny how you dog my education, but your grammar is pathetic and you didn't even spell comprehension right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 10:35 PM

718 posts, read 2,688,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
It's not 35 degree cold, try 0 degree cold, maybe even in the negatives! If you want to avoid dehydration, there's this thing out, Gatorade... If not, then try water. Dump it all over yourself if you want. But you won't find a fireplace sitting on the sidelines during our games. Funny how you dog my education, but your grammar is pathetic and you didn't even spell comprehension right.
The highschool football season is over before 0 degree weather (which new york city hardly has even in the coldest month of febuary) typically gets to new york. So stop pretending like you play regular season games in the dead middle of a north dokota winter. And you can not properly hydrate, if you are sweating liquid out faster than you can take it in. Its simple biology. And no one is dogging your education. You have no education to speak of, you are still in primary schooling let alone have a bachelors degree from a 4 year institution.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
I think people from Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, and North Dakota don't appear to have a lot of pride for their towns/cities not at least when I talked to them...everytime they asked me where I was from and I said St. Louis, they said I should feel lucky...did not appear to be a lot of city pride in these states.
You have apparently never been in Omaha when the Huskers are in town, or even when they are playing a big game out of town. Husker flags all over, and many if not most of these people did not even go there.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:52 AM

Quote:
The highschool football season is over before 0 degree weather (which new york city hardly has even in the coldest month of febuary) typically gets to new york. So stop pretending like you play regular season games in the dead middle of a north dokota winter. And you can not properly hydrate, if you are sweating liquid out faster than you can take it in. Its simple biology. And no one is dogging your education. You have no education to speak of, you are still in primary schooling let alone have a bachelors degree from a 4 year institution.
No, sometimes we can go into the cold days. And at night, it's even colder. We also have Winter football. My football season isn't over.

And I'm still laughing at you dogging my education. Let me imitate you: "high my name iz skatealoneskatetogether. i liv in lost angelis caluforneea and luv two akt like i playd football in cold wether. wuts rong with u u dont eeven hav good reeding comprehention." lol

Seriously, with your grammar and bad spelling, you have no room to talk. And I'll have you know I'm one of the tops in my class so far this year.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:55 AM

And if it was easier to play in the heat, they wouldn't always play the Super Bowl in the South. And that recent Super Bowl game in Detroit was because they have a dome.

So, I highly doubt you've ever played in the snow, slush, and ice.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:49 AM

884 posts, read 1,034,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
I think people from Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, and North Dakota don't appear to have a lot of pride for their towns/cities not at least when I talked to them...everytime they asked me where I was from and I said St. Louis, they said I should feel lucky...did not appear to be a lot of city pride in these states.
St. Louis is a great city and all, but I would seriously doubt very many Omahans feel they would be lucky to move there. I really can't find any advantage in St. Louis other than professional sports. Omaha has it beat economically, entertainment, quality of living (less crime)...etc. Kansas City is the same as well.

I'm totally in agreement that if you venture outside these cities than yes, I could see people saying that.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:28 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
being that they have to weather all that heat & stifling humidity during much of the summer, plus bitter cold temps, snow, and ice in the winter. The Phoenix area has modern, state of the art facilities which are "ugly" in your opinion, but at least the people who attend the games are comfortable. Personally, I wouldn't pay $50, $100, or more for a ticket and have to sit in the blazing heat. Luckily for us, we have a new invention called AIR CONDITIONING ... and we're not afraid to use it.
"All that heat and stifling humidity"? In Chicago? Average is 80-85 in summer. Ooooh, soooo hot. Humidity? At times, yes, but constant? This isnt Miami or Memphis which you seem to think it is. Of course Phoenix has modern facilities, theyre new teams! Ive attended a few D-crack games and if you think thats "comfortable", I suggest you sit in the upper left field decks. Even with the A/C on, I was still sweating a little bit. Add to that the nausea caused by all the adverstisements everywhere and horrible food (typical in AZ), and its something Ill never do again. I kick myself for going to a second game, I should have learned from the first miserable experience I had. While the Cards' new stadium is decent (inside, not outside), how long did it take them to get a stadium? After many years of selling out only a 1/4 of ASUs bowl, the team FINALLY got some attendance AFTER they moved to the new place. But hey, thats exactly what Id expect out of AZs sports fans, they dont stick with the team until it suits their needs. They see the new stadium as a place to hang out and not much else.

What you are, and what most people in AZ are too, is called a non-traditionalist. You have no clue about the history of the sport and the modern age has done to kill it (minus a few parks that actually rebuilt stadiums in the traditionalist manner). AZs sports facilities are a form-follows-function kind of deal, and theyre downright ugly. Football and baseball are OUTDOOR sports, if the folks cant nor want to sit outside and watch them, then it just goes to show how shallow some fans are. Ive sat in Soldier Field in snow and freezing temps, and had TONS more fun with REAL fans than the lifeless, soulless crap that infests AZs ballparks. The "fans" down there only come out from under the cacti if and when their "team" is winning. I find it quite humorous that the D-cracks STILL couldnt even sell out all the seats during the NLCS. lol Pathetic.

Im not gonna waste my breath arguing with a fair weather, non-traditional "fan" who has no respect for history or tradition. I suggest you hit up the Scottsdale Fashion Center rather than attending a sporting event, the mall is indoor and comfortable (shielded from the Hellish heat of AZ), right?

Old 11-21-2007, 09:43 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Quote:
Now as far as steveos rant goes, that was.... well pretty... interesting. And i would agree valley, why would you NOT have indoor facilites with a/c? Hockey isnt supposed to be in the desert? Do the black hawks play on a frozen pond? Is there somthing i missed? Since when does Chicago's crummy weather some how turn into a reason to justify where hockey can be played and who can watch it?

Traditional sports? what on earth is this guy talking about? The only thing traditional about wrigley field in my eyes is that great spot. you know the one im talking about, center field where babe ruth called his home run shot after the cubs pitcher nearly took his head off with a pitch. The only tradition wrigleys got, is that in which the team finishes the season or post season with out a world series title.Quit hating on arizona because they beat cubs all the time.

And steveo you probably never played a day of league football in yourlife, so ill just give you a heads up: its actually more difficult to play football in the heat than in the snow
LOL

More difficult to play in the heat than the snow? Thats as rediculous as anything Ive ever heard. Clearly you dont understand the first thing about the game, Ill leave it at that.

As for hockey, youre even more clueless. Do you know where the Coyotes came from? How about you look that up and then argue with me. Hockey does not belong in areas where people dont give a crap about it. Tell me what sense it made to pull a perfectly good team out of a hockey-loving place and plop it in the middle of the desert where noone gives a flying rats arse about it?

As for your comment about tradition at Wrigley, well, I offer no comment. I cannot possibly sink that low, ever. You can crawl back under your rock now.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:03 AM

SkateAlone, you Westerners are so one-dimensional. You can't accept anything of cultural or traditional significance. You need new things, things that have been around for a year, then try to claim that they have character. Bull****. You know, I know, the whole world knows that LA is characterless. It's not old enough, and is home to some of the most boring architecture in the world.

You claim it is so beautiful, but the only beauty I saw was natural, not urban... Something that does not, and will never correlate with CITY-data.com. So please, do not bring that argument up.

We all know NYC, Chicago, and DC lead America's way through the real world, providing financial, political, and business-related guidance for our morally unconscious nation.

We all know Hollywood is a joke, the laughing stock of the educated, powerful real world.

We all know Southern California should be annexed into Mexico, as there is a giant influx of Hispanics and illegals, but a loss of Americans.

Los Angeles has pathetic hometown pride. Any place that takes pride in celebrities residencies in their city is a complete joke. That's the only argument you Angelenos can come up with. How about something of significance? Argue with me there.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:22 AM

5,717 posts, read 16,349,098 times
Hockey belongs anywhere people want it. The problem with Phoenix is not the weather, but the crowds. Tampa Bay draws great and they're on the Gulf Coast, so it's not a matter of temperature.

In the end, I'm more offended that they moved a team out of Winnipeg than that they put a team in Phoenix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.