Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2013, 03:48 PM

23 posts, read 23,826 times

Advertisements

Hi all! I need some advice and yor opinions on my situation please
I am 45, S/W/F, no kids, never married. I do rescue work, on my own dime, with animals. It's not a living, just a care/ concern, for the animals I've had to help, here in the south..ie; pitbulls on heavy chains in ghettos, mistreated/ feral cats, getting them T/N/R'd..(trap,neutered,released) out of my pocket, etc..
I am looking for that Gilmore Girls town lifestyle, but not in Conneticut. Don't care to be near NYC at all, even Boston, can't afford that area anyhow. I am from the north, so used to snow/ cold. I can't stand the heat.
I don't want to live near somalias/ blacks..I understand it's not all of them, it's the younger generation, young black males, gangs/ thugs. Watch the show First 48, that's all you see here in the south, besides Detroit/ Chicago. I've read some scary threads about this demographic and so I will be avoiding Lewiston, ME. I have been victimized by blacks here in the south while on the job, retail and transportation, and I'm done having to put up with that kind of element, due to not able to afford living in nicer areas. There are threads quoting what I'm talking about, so it's not just me...
I love the old, charming, antiques, Cape Cod/ Martha's Vineyard towns (but not able to afford that) type of area. So, I'm having to rent, cheaply, at first, then buy when I do find an area. I do like Vermont, but I wanted access to the ocean. I'm interested in the lower part of Maine, Newhampshire, and upper parts of Mass.
So, I'm asking where I can find safe, affordable, towns/ rental areas/ house or apartments, ( someone even mentioned renting a room at a B&B). I will be getting my Real Estate License when I get up to one of these states for a new career..? I know it's still a struggling field to do/ get into..I will have very little savings, under 10,000.00 when I plan to move next fall. No degree, don't plan on any schooling, no one would hire a 50 yr. old graduate by the time I get out. I've been self employed my whole working life, modeling in my 20's/30's, retail sales, dog sitting/ house sitting, now Independent Contractor work in Transportation. So like a jack of all trades, without a degree..
I do plan on doing investments on houses, buying/ renting sort of thing, when I am able to down the road..Having a B&B is something I would like to do down the road as well. I understand I should have more than a measly 10,000.00 before even thinking of going up, but there's got to be a town that I can start at, that is safe, and not so far away from jobs, again, nothing corporate, but I don't flip burgers either. At least really trying to avoid that, I've never had to do that, nor waitress. Have I missed any threads that I can get information as well?(pertaining my situation) Thank you all so much for your advice!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.