Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 09:07 PM

7,705 posts, read 12,548,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post

Wow. Do you have ANY idea how arrogant and offensive your comments are?
And just how are they offensive?! America needs to hear some tough love criticism because obviously passive-aggressive suggestion for the past 20 years to lose weight and stop looking sloppy has not been working! We need standards in this country! What part of that don't you people understand?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 09:22 PM

484 posts, read 878,827 times
Although I love the European culture and think that there are definitely some elements of their culture that I think are better than ours I'm glad we have our own culture. If I really wanted to live like Europeans in every aspect I'd move there. (Which I'm not ruling out &#128526

Old 10-29-2013, 04:49 AM

1,445 posts, read 2,307,718 times
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
If America became more like Europe, what would European visitors have to brag about once they returned back home?
What exactly do they have to brag about now? I mean if noticing a country you once had domination over now has domination over you is something to brag about, then so be it. I'm sure Europeans admire just as many American things as we do European things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This is what is wrong with this country. People that don't think anything is wrong with being overweight and being a slob. Look, I'm not trying to interfere with anyone's lifestyle. I just think the new generation needs to set a new high standard in regards to the way they dress, look, and act. Hopefully this will shame alot of the overweight people into losing weight and the slobs to get some class and presentable clothing. Nowhere but here and maybe Australia are these things acceptable in the first world.
Why is anyone else's weight and look important to you? Are you a doctor or something?

If you're implying the United States & Australia are the only two countries with large amounts of overweight people, who don't dress to your liking, you're definitely wrong.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:21 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,393,659 times
In cities, layout, architecture yes. Our 20th century urban planning was largely a disaster. France, Spain, Italy tend to have higher end food cultures. UK, Ireland, Germany, Poland etc? Not so much...But the U.S. is more influenced by the latter ones, and mostly the lower classes that left these countries, so... there you go.

Last edited by grapico; 10-29-2013 at 09:30 AM..

Old 10-29-2013, 11:29 AM

14,799 posts, read 21,391,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
And just how are they offensive?! America needs to hear some tough love criticism because obviously passive-aggressive suggestion for the past 20 years to lose weight and stop looking sloppy has not been working! We need standards in this country! What part of that don't you people understand?!
I don't understand why it's important and why people are obsessed about telling people how to live ther life

Old 10-29-2013, 11:30 AM

14,799 posts, read 21,391,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
In cities, layout, architecture yes. Our 20th century urban planning was largely a disaster. France, Spain, Italy tend to have higher end food cultures. UK, Ireland, Germany, Poland etc? Not so much...But the U.S. is more influenced by the latter ones, and mostly the lower classes that left these countries, so... there you go.
Uggghhh no thank you....
I can't stand European cities, way too old and very ugly.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:33 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,393,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Uggghhh no thank you....
Highly disagree. Also if you think euro cities are ugly, wait and see the monstrosity of america in another 200 years, the buildings will need to be bulldozed in many cases as they aren't built to last that long.

just to be sure, you consider these ugly??

tripadvisor

ny times

petrophoto.net

hotels.com

Last edited by grapico; 10-29-2013 at 11:41 AM..

Old 10-29-2013, 01:41 PM

67,655 posts, read 60,273,788 times
"Do you ever wish that the United States had an overall stronger European cultural influence than it does?"

No. When I want a taste of Europe, I go to Europe. I prefer the United States each have their own unique flavor.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:14 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,507,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Uggghhh no thank you....
Have you ever been to Europe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.