U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 09:45 PM

75 posts, read 98,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
Ii definitely think you're looking for New Orleans.

-Southern City...geographically speaking
-Liberal
-Decent library system
-Several Asian grocery stores
-Ethnically diverse GOOD food (the Vietnamese restaurants are amazing...just as good as the Cajun and Creole cooking)
-Very bike friendly...our take the ever-growing street car system
-Whole Foods
-Audubon Zoo, an aquarium, and an insectarium
-Very affordable rentals. $1,000 for a 1 bedroom is easy
-Both swamps and rural areas about an hour outside of the city
-Hardly ever snows EVER
-Culture, food, music, history, art??? I mean c'mon
^^^That
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2013, 04:44 PM

13 posts, read 13,150 times
New Orleans is still on the top of my list. I feel like I probably have 'found' my new place to live. I'm glad to get so much confirmation of my decision!

Old 12-27-2013, 07:19 PM

1,775 posts, read 2,513,956 times
My top choice for you would be Salt Lake City. Though they get some snow, it melts pretty fast and winters tend to be sunny. It's surprisingly liberal, they have the lowest unemployment in the nation, and a phenomenal library system. There's also lots of ranch country in the area for raising a horse. Though, on the down side, it's not the most diverse city in the world, and it's rather isolated.

Why don't you like Cleveland? If it's just because of the weather, St. Louis might be a warmer, less snowy alternative (18 inches compared to Cleveland's 70). It's terms of parks, zoos, conservatories, and cost of living, St. Louis is great. I imagine that there's cheap places to keep a horses nearby, as it's surrounded by farms and prairie. Though, much like Cleveland, it could be a little rough around the edges.

Providence, Rhode Island could work too. It's the least snowy city and least expensive city in New England. Brown University attracts a lot of culture and diversity. Though, I'm not sure how expensive it is to keep a horse nearby, given real estate prices out East.

People rave about Nashville and the North Carolina cities, but they seem to be too spread out, too sprawling, too car-dependent, and too suburban for my taste. But, not everyone is like me. Perhaps they could work well for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or