U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 11:33 AM

601 posts, read 711,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhans123 View Post
Well if you don't want this to be based sandy beaches or volcanoes (you could of just said besides Hawaii lol) then I'm going to say Alaska. A lot of people don't realize its the farthest point east in the U.S., it's partly in the Arctic Circle, the international date line was shifted to accommodate the Aleutian islands, it contains the highest point in the U.S., its coastline is 4 times the length of Florida....I could go on
Alaska and Hawaii are definitely the most "different" US states. Anything else will be a discussion among the contiguous states. Alaska's coastline with it's soaring peaks, glaciers and wildlife make it much different than anything you will find in the lower 48. Hawaii definitely fits the exotic label.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 10:35 AM

181 posts, read 248,610 times
If it was a state, Puerto Rico, if we're talking just about states, Hawaii.

Old 11-03-2013, 11:38 AM

5,655 posts, read 5,700,735 times
My wife and I were playing golf on the Mauna Kea course a few years ago. She was complaining about how many of her balls were going into lava rock patches and how hard it was to hit them out.

To which I replied,"Think about all the courses we've played and how many times you've been able to say that."

I don't know how one ends up thinking West Virginia is exotic in any way shape or form. Although the switchbacks on every westbound route out of Virginia are pretty intense. Would love to drive those someday in an uber expensive sports car.

Old 11-03-2013, 12:51 PM

181 posts, read 248,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
My wife and I were playing golf on the Mauna Kea course a few years ago. She was complaining about how many of her balls were going into lava rock patches and how hard it was to hit them out.

To which I replied,"Think about all the courses we've played and how many times you've been able to say that."

I don't know how one ends up thinking West Virginia is exotic in any way shape or form. Although the switchbacks on every westbound route out of Virginia are pretty intense. Would love to drive those someday in an uber expensive sports car.
It's the coal

Old 11-03-2013, 10:59 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,746,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
The Blue Mountains or Ered Luin. If you listen closely you can hear the dwarves singing in the underground city.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...restWander.jpg

Old 11-03-2013, 11:56 PM

15,030 posts, read 4,799,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty All View Post
Which state(s) do you feel are the most exotic? Not just sandy beach and volcanoes exotic For me they would be:West Virginia, Maine, Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, and North DakotaEspecially West Virginia. Do I know anything about it? No. What comes to mind: Appalachian Mts, coal mines, Marshall High, and "Country Road, take me home to the place, I belong, West Virginia, mountain momma... How about you?
North Dakota is definitely not exotic. It is generally uncrowded, though. Southern Louisiana would strike me as more exotic and especially in New Orleans and Baton Rouge. I am not saying one is better than the other, though.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:59 AM

4,235 posts, read 2,508,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobilee View Post
The Blue Mountains or Ered Luin. If you listen closely you can hear the dwarves singing in the underground city.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...restWander.jpg
Problem is, you can find mountains like that in many states. North and South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia, South Dakota, Montana, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California and more I'm sure.

These mountains are no doubt beautiful and each mountain is unique but it's not that much different than many others.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:19 AM

32,073 posts, read 32,974,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico isn't a state.

I too would say Hawaii.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk 2

Old 05-20-2015, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 733 times
the beat place to go is to texas coz evry thing about it is so cool the food id so good can go to the state fair it has a big cowboy his name is big texs ig I dont know his name also there is six flags ik ur state has that but our is best it had good rids btw the school are great my school is john b. hood the best school

Last edited by cute_girl_lol_love; 05-20-2015 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: ps; that my kik

Old 05-20-2015, 02:09 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,397,432 times
^ I give this account 5 days
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or