Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 12:59 PM

36,635 posts, read 67,223,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP640 View Post
Well, I live in Los Angeles and let me tell you....the wealthy people are leaving. ....Leaving for Orange County. Its not becoming a "town for the super-wealthy", it is becomming an extension of Mexico. It's getting poorer and poorer by the minute.

San Fransicco is more much white collar than Los Angeles. Same with Orange County.

Its great you have pride for our state, but its not "kumbaya, kumbaya, we are the wealthiest state in the nation, kumbaya."

The general population of San Francisco hates Los Angeles and grimace whenever hearing the name Los Angeles, and Orange County residents see Los Angeles as an overgrown run-down ghetto. Its a very divided state

I'm just being honest here.
When your the biggest, everyone else is always going to have something to say. LA should be used to it by now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 01:12 PM

146 posts, read 796,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintLaurent View Post
Do you know how large California is? California is a huge state (population and geographical wise) with a few large cities compared to New York with its one major city. How can you even compare?

Who cares about the state? It's all about the city.
Do you realize that the population of a state is irrelevant when talking about where billionaires CHOOSE to live? Please, explain to me how the population of California has any bearing on these figures.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
You stepped in it, Milky. SaintLaurent makes more educated posts than you do, as she's a New Yorker, which is a more educated city than LA, according to recent statistics. So move, little people. Fetch me some wata!

Milky, every time a New Yorker makes a post, you always have to jump in and dog us. But, hey, that's what we get when our city is on top of the world, kind of like a World Capital, one with the most billionaires. We all know how desperate you are to have the #1 spot that New York holds around the world, but you'll never have it. Go, little man, get out of my way, and take your itty bitty city with you.
Please, provide me with the statistics that say New York has the most billionaires.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:19 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,475,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenOR View Post
Do you realize that the population of a state is irrelevant when talking about where billionaires CHOOSE to live? Please, explain to me how the population of California has any bearing on these figures.
It's extremely relevant. When a state has twice as many people, I'd expect them to have more billionaires. San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego are all bigger cities than Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse, NY. How is comparing San Diego fair when comparing it to Buffalo?

Honestly, I really don't care what STATE has the most billionaires. I'm all about the cities. And New York City has more billionaires, by far. I don't care about the billionaire living in Niagara Falls. S/he is living 400 miles away from me.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:20 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,475,763 times
Quote:
Please, provide me with the statistics that say New York has the most billionaires.
City or state? State-wise, California will have us beat, of course. However, city-wise, New York owns.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:22 PM

36,635 posts, read 67,223,385 times
Quote:
Honestly, I really don't care what STATE has the most billionaires. I'm all about the cities.
However if this thread were titled "BosWash has 10% of the world's billionaires", which it does btw, I suspect youd be singing a different tune.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:29 PM

Quote:
City or state? State-wise, California will have us beat, of course. However, city-wise, New York owns.
Alright, please provide me with these statistics if that's what you're claiming.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:34 PM

274 posts, read 317,820 times
Quote:
Do you read?

Look them each up on Forbes. Every single one of those billionaires are from California or made their money in California. It's not as if they made their money in Nebraska and ran to California. That's not how it works sweetie. Heck, even the most unglamorous states have their fair share of billionaires.

You know, the super-wealthy don't relocate like the lower-classes do. There is no need.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:36 PM

274 posts, read 317,820 times
Quote:
How about you look it up yourself? Why would he go through the trouble to "provide you the statistics" when you can easily look them up yourself? You can read, right?

New York is money mecca.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:37 PM

718 posts, read 2,682,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP640 View Post
Well, I live in Los Angeles and let me tell you....the wealthy people are leaving. ....Leaving for Orange County. Its not becoming a "town for the super-wealthy", it is becomming an extension of Mexico. It's getting poorer and poorer by the minute.

San Fransicco is more much white collar than Los Angeles. Same with Orange County.

Its great you have pride for our state, but its not "kumbaya, kumbaya, we are the wealthiest state in the nation, kumbaya."

The general population of San Fransico hates Los Angeles and grimace whenever hearing the name Los Angeles, and Orange County residents see Los Angeles as an overgrown run-down ghetto. Its a very divided state

I'm just being honest here.

if orange county is becomming poorer by the minute and more like mexico, why did mission viejo (south orange county) win safest city in the us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.