U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2013, 12:05 PM

7,828 posts, read 12,348,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahl_Wrighter View Post
An absolute NO to anything in the state of West Virginia. I always get a very eerie vibe driving through WV; and the state seems stuck in a time warp.
I moved from Maryland (Baltimore County) to West Virginia and I love it here. How is it in a timewrap?

And since you're a Montgomery County resident, I might point out to you that West Virginia is actually more liberal than Western Maryland or the Eastern Shore. We are trying to change this, but still.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 12:06 PM

7,828 posts, read 12,348,810 times
I guess I should add the very crime ridden ,decayed places like Camden, Newark, Detroit, and Gary.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:39 PM

373 posts, read 266,143 times
Orlando actually lived there twice for less than 3 years.
Atlanta
DC
Houston

Traffic is horrible in all of these cities.

The state of New Jersey.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:41 PM

386 posts, read 550,744 times
^^^why not NJ?

Old 11-11-2013, 04:50 PM

11,444 posts, read 6,426,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Uh ... dude. Seriously? "White Christmas" is a creation of Hollywood (typical). Besides, to half the world (the part BELOW the equator), Christmas is in the SUMMERTIME! Guess we should feel sorry for them because they aren't lucky enough to be influenced by an image of what Christmas is supposed to be created by Jews in the entertainment industry?!
Am I the only one who thinks that this post is worded extremely awkwardly? I can't possibly be the only one...

Old 11-11-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myspoonistoobig View Post
^^^why not NJ?
I have only been to a few areas in New Jersey outside Newark. NJ is a dirty and ugly place. I have delt with a lot of fake self absorbed people from NJ. All I currently do not associate with. My most recent trip in June is my last for sure. Newark airport rudest staff I ever encountered at any airport. I will stay in NY and NY only. No path train for me.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:58 PM

485 posts, read 732,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that this post is worded extremely awkwardly? I can't possibly be the only one...
It is awkward. The way "Jews" is mentioned seems awkward

Old 11-11-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infojux View Post
Detroit- modern ghost town

Lexington, Louisville, Cincinatti, Nashville- dont like the upland south, west of the Appalachians (i think of hillbilly whiteboys, when i think of this region)

San Francisco- too much gays and hipsters

Portland, Seattle- dont like the Pacific NW, also still too many hipsters

El Paso- too many mexicans, might aswell be in mexico

Pittsburgh- too isolated

Upper Midwest (Minnesota, northen sections of michigan, and wisconsin) - Tooo cold

Appalachians- Hillbillies

Most of the west outside Southern Cali, as well as the Las Vegas, and Phoenix areas - too isolated and weird.
So North Carolina, South Carolina, So Cal, and entire northeast. However lots of HIPSTER in Socal and Northeast.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:02 PM

4,880 posts, read 3,004,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I base these decisions on several factors. Climate, politics, quality of education, cost of living, access to ammenities.

I don't have to go to Phoenix to know it's hot and dry. I like it colder and wet. Therefore, I have no desire to live in Phoenix.

We have this wonderful tool at our fingertips to research anything we want. Of course it's not the same as being there physically but it also can't be discounted as nothing.

Like I stated before, I was just looking into Bartow, WV. When I heard WV, I was intriqued. I thought it might be a place we could live. I don't have to physically go to Bartow and see it with my own eyes when statistics I found online tell me the median household income is less than $19,000 and the meadian home value is $24,000. Unemployment was near 50% and 100% of families live in poverty. It's over 200 miles to the nearest city with a population of over 200,000. Sites like citydata forums tell me the area is extremely remote and not to expect internet or even cell service let alone find a rental.

Climate alone will eliminate a lot of areas for me. So I don't care how funky Austin, TX is, I simply don't like heat.
If it weren't for traffic and that damn heat, Austin is close to perfect.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:04 PM

55,697 posts, read 74,699,564 times
detroit closely followed by falluja
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.