U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 01:17 PM

18,678 posts, read 23,279,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyexpat View Post
The North Eastern United States is very Diverse, it's a great place.

Not many places around the USA that welcome all people, no matter where they came from.

I agree with this! Someone can be from Alabama or Albania. Siberia or South Dakota - if you can afford to live in the North East - NY and NJ will welcome you do do so!

Been doing that for three hundred years. Gotta love them for it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 03:04 PM

627 posts, read 1,180,048 times
...NOT in Tampa!

Old 11-11-2013, 03:13 PM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
714 posts, read 829,313 times
people in California also suck.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:52 PM

39,559 posts, read 47,801,608 times
Where are all the nice people...

They're over in San Antonio TX at Satx's house having cake & icecream celebrating Ms Pamsters Gold Star party. Check it out.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:24 PM

9,086 posts, read 1,232,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Where are all the nice people...

They're over in San Antonio TX at Satx's house having cake & icecream celebrating Ms Pamsters Gold Star party. Check it out.
awww mam....I could use a big juicy bbq steak right now....

Old 11-16-2013, 10:35 AM

2,980 posts, read 2,709,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyexpat
The North Eastern United States is very Diverse, it's a great place. Not many places around the USA that welcome all people, no matter where they came from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I agree with this! Someone can be from Alabama or Albania. Siberia or South Dakota - if you can afford to live in the North East - NY and NJ will welcome you do do so!
Been doing that for three hundred years. Gotta love them for it!

Both of you are correct. The New York and Philadelphia metro areas, and almost anywhere in New Jersey will welcome you no matter where you are from, what your politics are, or what you believe. The Miami/Ft Lauderdale area is the same.

Last edited by james777; 11-16-2013 at 11:03 AM..

Old 11-16-2013, 11:36 AM

165 posts, read 221,632 times
Nice people, I've met, are in my hometown, St Louis and in Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Kansas City, Portland, Northern San Diego and Phoenix

Old 11-16-2013, 01:59 PM

133 posts, read 464,135 times
There's a difference between friendly and kind.

Though not at all bubbly, not always the most tactful, and without any knowledge of pleasantry, the people here in Central New York are truly and genuinely kind and empathetic, but not exactly friendly.

I lived in Minnesota for ten years, where the people are extremely friendly, but at the moment you need help your "friends" will mysteriously disappear. Minnesotans will never say anything remotely critical to your face, but they'll gossip about you for hours to their friends. Friendly, yes. Kind, no.

I was born and raised in Arizona, which was the worst of both worlds. Albeit laid back, many Arizonans I've found to be far too self absorbed to be friendly or kind.

Old 11-16-2013, 04:26 PM

22,732 posts, read 28,795,949 times
I've been all over the USA and around some foreign countries. Everywhere I go, the people are friendly and helpful. That includes places where the people are not considered to be very nice to strangers, including Manhattan and Paris.

However, "friendly" and welcoming strangers to be their new best friend are two different issues. Once a person leaves school, it becomes more difficult to establish new friendships, unless you have some sort of hobby that brings people together for a common interest.

There probably isn't anywhere in the world where you can move in and be greeted by a new group of best buddies who are going to appoint you their beloved leader, just because they have never seen you before.

Old 11-16-2013, 04:58 PM

2,343 posts, read 2,755,923 times
Anaheim. Home of Disneyland -"the happiest place on Earth", therefore everyone in Anaheim is super nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.