Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2013, 08:11 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
Brits have mediterranean genes, despite being located in northern europe, they are part of the atlantic continuity or "Atlantic Facade", they are for sure not Northern european on the stric sense..

But you are a supremacist so I know you will keep denying the truth.
There are two trends that I have seen in all the posts you make.

The first trend is that you try (failing each time) to distance British people from other Germanic populations in Europe.

The second trend is that every chance you get you try to cluster Spanish and British people as being similar. Again, failing, as British and Spanish people are absolutely nothing similar in culture or appearance. lol. I have in-law relatives and friends fresh off the boat from England. I also have been to Barcelona. A Brit would stick out like a sore thumb in Spain, just like I did.

So I don't know what your goal is. To make racist and inaccurate comments about British people, or, to connect Spanish and British people together because of your insecurities about being attached to Spanish culture yourself (being that you are from South America). I know you aren't Brazilian so that could only mean you are one of the mestizos living throughout the continent.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadgirl80 View Post
Another confusion you have is your erroneous belief that pinkness = paleness. The opposite is true because pink skin isn't the same as light skin. The lightest skin color possible is Ivory (off-white beige) because nobody's skin is pure white. Skin devoid of pink and yellow is the epitome of lightness, that's why ivory skin looks much lighter than pink skin. It is the reason why light skinned Whites and East Asians who look ivory look lighter (like Brits) than somebody who shows a lot of pink, yellow, red or brown. Refer to the YouTube video and this Arissa Cheo: Photo this is ivory skin of an East Asian with no pink. And this is ivory on a woman of British ancestry Full Sized Photo of nicole kidman cmt music awards 2008 24 | photofull | Just Jared
Ivory with no hint of pink or yellow or red or brown is the palest skin tone possible

The palest Brits tend to look ivory, like the palest East Asians and not turn red while Germans look healthier than Brits because their skin becomes pinker/reddish rather than ivory when exposed to the sun. Brits are lighter than the Scandinavians I see in America. And white Americans of various ancestries in the Midwest look lighter than native born Europeans including Scandinavians who worked in the states.

Another myth is the southern vs northern Chinese skin tone. More fiction than fact, mainly a load of bull, which I learned after living in Hong Kong.
I can pretty much guarantee that Nicole Kidman is wearing makeup to hide her redness. lol. You think she wouldn't burn under the sun? That is just crazy. Nicole would roast like a turkey under the sun.

Asians don't burn. I happen to be roommates with a someone who is Chinese. He is of the very pale variety (so is his mother). In fact, when looking at our shades he is even lighter than me! I am rosy white like more northern europeans. His paleness is hard to preserve though. On a few rare occasions, I have gotten him out of the house and to the beach (he, and his asian friends, seem to avoid the sun like the plague). While I will turn red as an apple after spending time in the sun he will turn many many shades darker and will remain so for a very long time.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:13 PM

237 posts, read 673,904 times
Quote:
Brits have mediterranean genes, despite being located in northern europe, they are part of the atlantic continuity or "Atlantic Facade", they are for sure not Northern european on the stric sense..

But you are a supremacist so I know you will keep denying the truth.
It used to be amusing when you'd make ridiculously ignorant comments, pretending to be some kind of wise scholar. It was cute to see the doggy try and act like people. But now, as you continue to back nothing that you say with any real evidence, it's getting real lame. Let me show you what evidence looks like. Maybe you can observe and learn to use the scientific method of presenting evidence to prove an argument. What kind of a world would we live in if everyone thought like you.

http://www.eupedia.com/images/conten...-admixture.gif
http://www.eupedia.com/images/conten...-admixture.gif
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...gure1a_600.jpg
http://spittoon.23andme.com/wp-conte...logpostfig.jpg

Do you see this? This is what we call evidence. Another word for evidence is proof. If a very bad crime is committed, and you think you know who did it, you need PROOF to convict them of the crime. If I'm going to get an operation of some kind, I hope the surgeon has PROOF that the operation is safe and effective. If some investor tells me I should put a bunch of money in his money making "system", I want PROOF that it's legit. Do you understand any of this? Give me a paper that shows PROOF that the British Isles are Mediterranean, and more related to southern Europeans. You're nothing but shady and disingenuous in your quest to infect cyberspace with your lame agenda. The problem is you have no idea why so many here take issue with you.

Last edited by Mmega; 12-15-2013 at 10:38 PM..

Old 12-16-2013, 07:25 AM

1,612 posts, read 2,421,698 times
Quote:
Brits have mediterranean genes, despite being located in northern europe, .
I find this almost impossible to believe. Scots, Irish and Welsh are derived from the same background as Sicilians, Portuguese and Greeks?

Old 12-16-2013, 07:54 AM

14,353 posts, read 17,030,476 times
There is an ancient genetic link between Britain and Iberia. The earliest agriculturalists spread up the Atlantic coast and formed farming settlements in Britain. This was later reinforced by the Celtic migrations into Britain, as it's clear that while Welsh (and hence old Briton) was closely related to Gaulish, the Gaelic languages (Irish, Scottish, Manx) probably were originally introduced by Celtiberians from modern Galicia/Austurias.

That said, the genetics of Iberia itself changed dramatically over this period as well. The area was heavily colonized by Carthaginians, Romans, and later Arabs. Spaniards and Portuguese today have the highest percentage of black ancestry in Europe as well, some of which from Islamic Spain, but much from the large number of slaves which were imported after the trans-Atlantic slave trade took off.

It's also worth noting that on average the degree to which people in the British Isles are more "southern" than Germany is probably something like 5%. So while they're slightly south-shifted, they firmly cluster with northern Europe genetically.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:50 PM

2,226 posts, read 3,856,695 times
Quote:
You're probably going to need to provide a source on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Asians don't burn.
That's just not true. It takes longer for Asians to burn, but they do burn. My ex would burn.

Old 12-16-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm123 View Post
You're probably going to need to provide a source on this.

That's just not true. It takes longer for Asians to burn, but they do burn. My ex would burn.
Sorry to come off as rude, but I'll believe it when I see it. lol. I have been very connected to the Chinese community in Tampa for many years now through my roommate. Not to mention the thousands of asians that I see on a daily basis out in my daily activities. Never have I seen one with a sunburn. Even google searches can't bring one up.

Old 12-16-2013, 03:37 PM

1,612 posts, read 2,421,698 times
Everyone can burn. I had a girlfriend from West Africa, and she could burn.

Obviously palefaces will burn in 10 minutes, but everyone can burn from the sun.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Sorry to come off as rude, but I'll believe it when I see it. lol. I have been very connected to the Chinese community in Tampa for many years now through my roommate. Not to mention the thousands of asians that I see on a daily basis out in my daily activities. Never have I seen one with a sunburn. Even google searches can't bring one up.
The brunette parchment white Asians will tan, but of course they will burn and get UV damage if they are out a very long time in very hot high sunny weather. But it will take much time, and after extended tanning. Of course they will burn in an extreme situation. Some Asians, in particular Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese, have some pinky light complexions, but that is not common. But they might still possess some melanin that would prevent a rapid effect from the sun. A very light "fair" skin Chinese girl I work with said as a matter of fact that's she's never burned. The pale brunette porcelain white Asians I think have resilience to burning, but the one's with pinky light complexions might be less hardy. I have seen the odd one where I live, but I really doubt they are as fully melanin deficient as your average Irish person. I'd be interested to hear what their personal experiences with this are.

Last edited by Mmega; 12-16-2013 at 10:26 PM..

Old 12-17-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
There is an ancient genetic link between Britain and Iberia. The earliest agriculturalists spread up the Atlantic coast and formed farming settlements in Britain. This was later reinforced by the Celtic migrations into Britain, as it's clear that while Welsh (and hence old Briton) was closely related to Gaulish, the Gaelic languages (Irish, Scottish, Manx) probably were originally introduced by Celtiberians from modern Galicia/Austurias.

That said, the genetics of Iberia itself changed dramatically over this period as well. The area was heavily colonized by Carthaginians, Romans, and later Arabs. Spaniards and Portuguese today have the highest percentage of black ancestry in Europe as well, some of which from Islamic Spain, but much from the large number of slaves which were imported after the trans-Atlantic slave trade took off.

It's also worth noting that on average the degree to which people in the British Isles are more "southern" than Germany is probably something like 5%. So while they're slightly south-shifted, they firmly cluster with northern Europe genetically.
The whole Britain being settled out of Spain idea is not really factual anymore. It makes sense if we use a post glacial migration model, but we know the major movements into Europe occurred well after. That theory is now obsolete, but you still hear it being told as if the word hasn't completely got around. The true aboriginals were I2b, who at least were there longer than anyone. It now makes little sense that Britain remained unoccupied of R1b until immigrants came all of the way up from Iberia. This is especially unbelievable when Britain is clearly visible from the continent across the channel. The specific R1b subclades are not the same, which doesn't indicate a direct passage from the south west. It likely came from the most logical direction across the channel from France and Belgium originally from southern Germany.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.