U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2014, 01:17 PM

747 posts, read 692,953 times

Advertisements

There has to be public transportation. There have to good job opportunities that pay more than minimum wage without requiring college degree (I need money to pay for college and parents will not pay at all). There has to be more females (age 17-19) then males so I have good chances of getting a girlfriend. If anything is a less than 50% chance that's bad for me. There has to be a good number of nice people, I want to make friends! Cost of living can not be high, I have NOBODY so I need to be able to have my own place for an affordable price. I'm getting kicked out in May so I only have 4 months to get a job and add money to my savings of $1,400. I've had suicidal thoughts feeling like I'll just fail in life and be alone, but I don't want to leave the world before even trying. I can't join the military because of my stupid medical history and medications I have to take, and college has a huge money obstacle. I'm starting to cry right now. I don't know where to go and I don't want to be friendless and single for even another year, I got close to killing myself one time last summer but someone gave me hope, but it's disappearing now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 10:18 PM

147 posts, read 548,758 times
I cannot offer advice about a good place to move because I've yet to get out of this town and start my life, but I can offer my $.02. It always gets better man, always. It will likely get worse before it gets better, but it will get better. Suicide is not the answer and it saddens me that you think it will help. There are so many reasons worth living for and, regardless of your religious beliefs, you have a purpose here; you just haven't found it yet. It may sound like the same ol' BS but it's true. Please message me if you feel like talking it out; sometimes it's easier talking to a stranger because you can talk about anything without being judged. I'm a 23 year old guy, for what it's worth.

Old 01-07-2014, 12:18 AM

6,312 posts, read 6,962,789 times
Ditto what WDH said. Send me a message if you feel like sharing. Work hard, treat other people well, and you'll be alright. Don't lose hope.

As for a city recommendation, it's really tough to suggest given your parameters. Most places have some kind of public transportation. And any decent sized city should have enough females in your age range that you shouldn't worry whether there are more females to males. The only thing is cost...and well, in general I guess heading south will take you somewhere cheaper. If you live on the west coast, try to head east to the Plains/Midwest. If you live in the Northeast, go south or west. And if you already live in the south, then move farther from the city. That's about your only option for reducing cost of living.

Good luck and don't give up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or