Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most beautiful: Oregon or Washington?
Oregon! 8 33.33%
Washington! 16 66.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 04:17 AM

68 posts, read 308,784 times

Advertisements

Here it is! I've been living in Oregon for all my life, and I've been hearing from Oregonians that "Oregon is better than Washington." Personally, I think Washington trumps Oregon. After all, Washington has three national parks and three national monuments, plus many beautiful and rugged wilderness areas: Mt. Rainier, at 14,411 feet, the highest mountain in the Cascades with the highest prominence in the lower 48; other volcanoes like Mt. St. Helens, Adams, Glacier, and Baker; the San Juan Islands, Olympic Mtns and Coast, Palouse Falls State Park, the Columbia River Gorge, and so much more.

But then Oregon has Crater Lake, the most volcanoes in the Cascades, the Oregon Coast, and the rugged desert region in the east, like the Painted Hills, Hells Canyon, Wallowas Mountains, and Smith Rock State Park.
Attached Thumbnails
Oregon Scenery vs Washington Scenery-washington_state_crystalline_lakes_landscapes_mountains_1366x768_67705.jpg   Oregon Scenery vs Washington Scenery-rainforest-stream-olympic-national-park-washington.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 06:34 AM

10,745 posts, read 23,804,636 times
They are both on a level playing field, but in my opinion the San Juan Islands put Washington over the top.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:58 AM

1,660 posts, read 2,533,179 times
When it comes to scenery they are too evenly matched to pick in my opinion. I would rather live in Oregon though.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:20 AM

11 posts, read 56,869 times
I live in Oregon, and I would say Washington's scenery is a little bit better, but it seems Oregon has a little more variety (I could be wrong), so it can go either way depending on what you prefer. Both are very beautiful States!

Old 01-31-2014, 08:42 PM

281 posts, read 712,809 times
I also live in Oregon and would say that Washington has much better mountain scenery, but Oregon undoubtedly has better coastal scenery.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:25 PM

1 posts, read 8,549 times
Life-long resident of Washington, attended school in Oregon. Both states are stunningly beautiful. Unfortunately, given the hideous urban sprawl I experienced my last trip south, it looks like Oregon seriously got the short end of the stick, politically speaking. Hell of a shame. We have our share of bad stuff, too, but nothing like down south. Pretty even between the two states all in all, but I still have to go with Washington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.