Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 03:39 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Please educate me. Show me the hustle and bustle of Anaheim and Cerritos.
I already have. Numerous times. This is why you're forced into strawman arguments--I never said there was "hustle and bustle" in Anaheim, but it's easily more alive than DC's suburbs, which have an exurban feel in comparison.

Anaheim, 25-30 miles from DTLA, has a more dense, inner-ring suburban feel than Wheaton DC, which is only 11 miles from Washington DC. That's a pretty big hint that the two regions are nothing alike. Similar demographics to disguise this:

https://maps.gstatic.com/m/streetvie...926857714,,0,0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 03:52 PM

32,101 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
I already have. Numerous times. This is why you're forced into strawman arguments--I never said there was "hustle and bustle" in Anaheim, but it's easily more alive than DC's suburbs, which have an exurban feel in comparison.
"Hustle and bustle" to me is not much different than "things going on." So what exactly is going on in Anaheim and Cerritos that's not going on in most suburbs? The mall? The freeway? Lawn care? Disneyland?

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.8321...nCksb8Zr6Q!2e0

You must be joking...

Old 02-16-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
"Hustle and bustle" to me is not much different than "things going on." So what exactly is going on in Anaheim and Cerritos that's not going on in most suburbs? The mall? The freeway? Lawn care? Disneyland?

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.8321...nCksb8Zr6Q!2e0

You must be joking...
Brilliant logic--I guess there's no difference between the South Bronx and Midtown Manhattan either. Both have shops, restaurants, businesses, transit, and pedestrian activity. They're pretty much identical!

Old 02-16-2014, 05:03 PM

32,101 posts, read 34,714,145 times
You still dodged the question. What's going on in Anaheim or Montebello that's not going on in Wheaton? Band camp car washes? Driveway basketball games? Johnny Rockets?

Old 02-16-2014, 05:07 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,947,442 times
Definitely Miami/Ft. Lauderdale and/or Queens/LI, but these are still a bit far fetched.

Old 02-16-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
You still dodged the question. What's going on in Anaheim or Montebello that's not going on in Wheaton? Band camp car washes? Driveway basketball games? Johnny Rockets?
Nothing to dodge, you're making a terrible point. The activities you listed can be also done in areas of Brooklyn and Queens, does that make them the spitting image of Wheaton?

Old 02-16-2014, 07:06 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,562,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Nothing to dodge, you're making a terrible point. The activities you listed can be also done in areas of Brooklyn and Queens, does that make them the spitting image of Wheaton?
Yeah, some people just don't do nuance.

"Things going on"? Well, tonight at The Grove- Babyface
Official Site of the City National Grove of Anaheim - Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds

Also tonight in Anaheim- Paul Simon and Sting.
Paul Simon & Sting - 8:00 p.m. February 16 - Honda Center | Orange County | Voice Places

That's at the Honda Center, home to an NHL franchise and a Stanley Cup. Which is a few blocks away from Anaheim Stadium, home to Mike Trout, Josh Hamilton, Jared Weaver, Albert Pujols and your Angels. Which is a few miles from the second most highly attended theme resort in the world, drawing 23 million visitors annually, comprised of two parks and an entertainment area with an ESPN Zone, a live jazz venue and a House of Blues. Which is near the largest convention center on the West Coast.

Of course, most people take a car to get to these places, so they might as well not even exist.

And no, Orlando is not the same as Montebello.

Last edited by nslander; 02-16-2014 at 07:31 PM..

Old 02-16-2014, 07:08 PM

89 posts, read 168,913 times
Atlanta in overall feel and landscape

Miami or NYC in terms of people and culture.

Old 02-16-2014, 08:52 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcat View Post
This sounds like a rediculous question. But I feel that Miami has some similarities with LA with the celeb culture, large jewish population, and archetectural layout. And Queens has a similar Latino/Asian mix to large parts of LA.

So what cities on the East Coast are similar to Los Angeles.
None of them.

Old 02-16-2014, 08:56 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Miami. Palm trees, beaches, celebrities, latin, etc.
Outside of Latin & European culture, Miami's diversity is nothing like LA's.

The Asian population in Miami is pathetic for a metro its size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.