U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2014, 02:29 PM

16 posts, read 19,921 times

Advertisements

which city would be the best to live,considering,from the most for least important:
friendly/liberal people
safety
2/3/4 weather seasons and nature scenery
development
soccer teams
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 01:04 AM

18,100 posts, read 22,968,690 times
Um, you need to pick a northern California city, please. They're not all the same, by a long shot.

And what do you mean by development?

Soccer - you want to play it or watch a local team?

I'm going to guess that you already know you want Boulder. The fact that you chose a particluar city vs half a state, says to me you want that city.

And Boulder is a great town. Though, too much snow for me

Old 02-23-2014, 01:11 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,301 posts, read 12,218,742 times
NoMore is right, there's a huge difference between San Francisco and Redding or Mt Shasta, for example.

Old 02-23-2014, 02:32 AM

4,668 posts, read 6,115,072 times
If I could take my job with me I'd move to Chico in a heartbeat.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:07 AM

21,193 posts, read 30,379,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latxc View Post
which city would be the best to live,considering,from the most for least important:
friendly/liberal people
safety
2/3/4 weather seasons and nature scenery
development
soccer teams
Davis in my opinion would be the closest fit.

UC Davis: City facts

Old 02-23-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Um, you need to pick a northern California city, please. They're not all the same, by a long shot.

And what do you mean by development?

Soccer - you want to play it or watch a local team?

I'm going to guess that you already know you want Boulder. The fact that you chose a particluar city vs half a state, says to me you want that city.

And Boulder is a great town. Though, too much snow for me

I have generalized northern california,but actually I can choose between just a few cities from there: Davis,SF,Berkeley and Thousand Oaks in south.Boulder is the only available option in CO

I play and like to watch soccer,so if the city have a local team and some public soccer fields,it's already great for me

Old 02-23-2014, 01:16 PM

What's your budget? They're mostly very expensive cities, with the possible exception of Thousand Oaks (I don't know about that one). They're all liberal. I think Boulder and maybe Davis are safest.

Old 02-23-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
What's your budget? They're mostly very expensive cities, with the possible exception of Thousand Oaks (I don't know about that one). They're all liberal. I think Boulder and maybe Davis are safest.
The cost is not important,I'll pay for safety and wellness

Old 02-23-2014, 07:30 PM

18,100 posts, read 22,968,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latxc View Post
I have generalized northern california,but actually I can choose between just a few cities from there: Davis,SF,Berkeley and Thousand Oaks in south.Boulder is the only available option in CO

I play and like to watch soccer,so if the city have a local team and some public soccer fields,it's already great for me

You know, someone else mentioned Chico. I second that! Liberal, college town with lots of trees by the woods. Between Redding and Sacramento.

I thought of Alameda, CA, when you said you like to play soccer. My boss from the job I just retired from has a 30-something son who lives with him at home (failure to launch?) LOL!. Anyway, the son is an avid soccer fan and plays in local leagues.

Alameda is safe, has a lot of character - lots of Victorian homes, is just a short trip to either Oakland, Berkeley or SF.

So, if you are considering Berkeley, look at Alameda, too. It's technically an island, but you'd never know it. You just get off the freeway and drive down a street. I always forget it's actually an island when I go there - no large bridges or tolls or anything like that at all.

Davis is a great town, too, with a university. I used to live there, owned a condo there. Davis, though it does have a lot of trees, is very flat - great for bicycles (which is it's city name - bicycle city or something like that). But, it's not smack dab in the woods like Chico. The surrounding landscape is pretty dull - just flat agriculture. That whole area is a flood plain (though it doesn't flood in Davis proper). But, it's all very flat and plain, really, except for trees that have been planted in town.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:50 PM

Carmel by the Sea: https://www.google.com/images?q=carmel-by-the-sea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or