Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Select the statement that best describes your perspective
I have lived in both the Northeast and Florida and prefer the Northeast 9 15.25%
I have lived in both the Northeast and Florida and prefer Florida 12 20.34%
I have not lived in both, but would prefer to live in the Northeast 28 47.46%
I have not lived in both, but would prefer to live in Florida 10 16.95%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 03:21 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,656,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
I agree on what you wrote in the first paragraph but in my experience other states tend to not hire out of state candidates too.

Fyi, LA/Hollywood is the most superficial environment in the country (fake faces, bodies, attitudes in line with TV reality shows etc.. etc.. (no need for many examples, just look who was the governor for years). FL is not perfect but CA takes the cake on that. Not sure about the friendlier stereotype either (for ex. LA is more transient than anything in FL), it's the nature of the city. Whether you made more friends in CA than FL that's completely subjective. Someone else might state the opposite. This is a melting pot of a country. FL and CA are microcosms of that, not that different.
Do you really think all of California is like Hollywood? Please, get with the program.

FWIW, most people who live in the L.A. area and Southern California in general hate Hollywood and rarely venture there. Locals usually refer to it as "Hollyweird."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 03:50 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,949,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8to32characters View Post
First of all, I'm not your friend.

Second of all, I live in Arizona.
That's why I said most people convince me to move to their area. I know you're not my friend.

Oops. I thought you lived in CA, since you seem to promote it so much.

Old 04-09-2014, 03:52 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,949,724 times
Quote:
Do you really think all of California is like Hollywood? Please, get with the program.

FWIW, most people who live in the L.A. area and Southern California in general hate Hollywood and rarely venture there. Locals usually refer to it as "Hollyweird."
I only think of a small section of CA as having a Hollywood culture. But most of the state seems like total trash, to be honest. On the verge of third world country. There is a video on YouTube explaining 55 reasons why CA is the worst state to live in. White people are leaving in droves.

Old 04-09-2014, 03:55 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,176,629 times
Quote:

Again, what can I say for a state that largely votes Democrat but elected a republican actor as governor. Yes that's Hollyweird.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:57 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I only think of a small section of CA as having a Hollywood culture. But most of the state seems like total trash, to be honest. On the verge of third world country. There is a video on YouTube explaining 55 reasons why CA is the worst state to live in. White people are leaving in droves.
White people are dwindling in Florida also. Don't get it twisted.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:

Maybe Nep just wants to live in Florida. You've explained the negatives of Florida well, and you've also done a good job of promoting California, but Nep seems unmoved. Yes, Florida is transient and superficial, but I think more than anything, people take the negatives of the wealthy in South Florida, and apply it to the whole state, but on the flip, you're quick to denounce Hollywood stereotypes being normal for the whole state of CA.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:43 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,656,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Maybe Nep just wants to live in Florida. You've explained the negatives of Florida well, and you've also done a good job of promoting California, but Nep seems unmoved. Yes, Florida is transient and superficial, but I think more than anything, people take the negatives of the wealthy in South Florida, and apply it to the whole state, but on the flip, you're quick to denounce Hollywood stereotypes being normal for the whole state of CA.
That's because the culture of California is much easier to acclimate to for most Americans than the culture of Florida, especially for a New Englander that holds the same or similar views/opinions as NEP--that's what I'm really getting at.

Trust me, I grew up in Rhode Island--I have a lot of experience with narrow-minded people who hold similar views and have the same general attitude as NEP. In fact, my father and my brother are perfect examples.

In my experience--and I have a lot, almost all of people who promote/favor Florida over California usually have zero experience with California, and 99% of those people are usually from New York/New England.

To be honest, I don't think NEP really has any clue about Florida either. Because if he thinks California is as bad as he makes it seem, then imagine what he'll eventually think of Florida!

Besides, most of that's kids opinions are formulated from what he reads online, including on this forum--very, very little of his views have been formulated from firsthand experience, and it's pretty easy to tell, too.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
That's because the culture of California is much easier to acclimate to for most Americans than the culture of Florida, especially for a New Englander that holds the same or similar views/opinions as NEP--that's what I'm really getting at.

Trust me, I grew up in Rhode Island--I have a lot of experience with narrow-minded people who hold similar views and have the same general attitude as NEP. In fact, my father and my brother are perfect examples.

In my experience--and I have a lot, almost all of people who promote/favor Florida over California usually have zero experience with California, and 99% of those people are usually from New York/New England.

To be honest, I don't think NEP really has any clue about Florida either. Because if he thinks California is as bad as he makes it seem, then imagine what he'll eventually think of Florida!

Besides, most of that's kids opinions are formulated from what he reads online, including on this forum--very, very little of his views have been formulated from firsthand experience, and it's pretty easy to tell, too.
Point taken. Nep maintains that CA is losing it's White populace, not realizing that Florida is the next runner-up in being a Minority-Majority state behind Texas, CA, HI, and NM. Florida, while still Southern, isn't getting any Whiter. Top 3 Blackest states, Top 3 most Hispanic states, Top 10 in Asians.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:22 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Again, what can I say for a state that largely votes Democrat but elected a republican actor as governor. Yes that's Hollyweird.
There is no law that the voters have to cast ballots for 100% Democrats or 100% Republicans. I know several people who vote for both Democratic and Republican candidates. In fact, I am one of them.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:42 PM

1,512 posts, read 2,364,503 times
Quote:
Well, NYC had a Republican mayor for 10 years and New Jersey has a Republican governor. But those areas are still considered "Blue".

Also, Obama won Florida but Florida elected a Republican governor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.