Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 11:01 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,662,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
What can't you find in New York entertainment-wise?
Mountains. Skiing. 24-7 beach life. Long drives along sunny coasts, thai kickboxing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 11:04 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,500,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Mountains. Skiing. 24-7 beach life. Long drives along sunny coasts, thai kickboxing

We have beaches in Brooklyn and Staten Island. You can’t really ski in any major city, either. You can cross-country ski in Central Park and other parks. As far as steep mountain skiing, that’s not exactly easy to find within city limits. Thai kickboxing is definitely practiced in New York.

Old 12-08-2007, 11:09 AM

3,073 posts, read 11,575,953 times
Quote:
We have beaches in Brooklyn and Staten Island.
Yes, sweety, but the water is brown lol

Quote:
You can’t really ski in any major city, either. You can cross-country ski in Central Park and other parks. As far as steep mountain skiing, that’s not exactly easy to find within city limits. Thai kickboxing is definitely practiced in New York.
Of course NYC has it. I'll tell you one thing, though. I have yet to find a really good soul food restaurant in New York City. It's probably not going to happen.

Old 12-08-2007, 11:29 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,662,137 times
Quote:
We have beaches in Brooklyn and Staten Island.
No, you don't. You have poor areas of pebbly misery in front of water I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole, a hazmat suit and three of the most prominent toxicologists behind me.

Secondly, your beaches are too cold to enjoy now and will be too cold to enjoy for several months. My vacation to Los Angeles in January and February, however, will definitely include many trips to lie out on the beach

Quote:
Thai kickboxing is definitely practiced in New York.
No, it isn't. It's illegal in NYC, and most of the USA. The only true thai kickboxing scene is in Los Angeles, where contestants go home with severe injuries.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:01 PM

3,073 posts, read 11,575,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
No, it isn't. It's illegal in NYC, and most of the USA. The only true thai kickboxing scene is in Los Angeles, where contestants go home with severe injuries.
Well just because it's illegal, that doesn't mean that it's not taught under the table in some hole-in-the-wall.

I'm almost positive that there's someone giving secret Thai kickboxing lessons out of their livingroom.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:22 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,250 times
WHAT A JOKE!!! Phoenix more happening than Dallas, Miami & Austin??? What are they smokin?

Old 12-09-2007, 12:40 PM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times
That list is kind of hard to believe, mainly with how high San Diego is ranked. It is a very uneventful city, and I think it should be ranked lower than Seattle and Atlanta. I'm also surprised with how low Las Vegas is ranked. It should be ranked #5, and Miami should be up there too. But that's just my personal opinion.

Old 12-09-2007, 02:03 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,111,091 times
San Antonio not even listed, surprising! San Antonio has so many festivals, and their is always something going on.

Old 12-09-2007, 02:19 PM

7,270 posts, read 10,598,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
That list is kind of hard to believe, mainly with how high San Diego is ranked. It is a very uneventful city, and I think it should be ranked lower than Seattle and Atlanta. I'm also surprised with how low Las Vegas is ranked. It should be ranked #5, and Miami should be up there too. But that's just my personal opinion.
It sounds like your referring to "eventful" in terms of night life, whereas this list focuses on "eventful" in terms of concerts, festivals, and other public events. That does not count strip clubs nor Penn & Teller performances.

Old 12-09-2007, 05:26 PM

718 posts, read 2,688,601 times
Gotta love SF and all the things going on. it never ceases to amaze me how such a small city can be on par and greater than some larger cities in terms of whats happening. went to a blue grass festivle in september and had the time of my life! holloween was great too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.