Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 09:38 PM

746 posts, read 861,328 times

Advertisements

If out of Texas I for sure won't be going to college for a year, that way I can get instate tuition. I'd have to wait in Texas too. My GPA is a 1.3, and I'm probably going to have no financial support. I can't stand being at home and it may not even be an option much longer. Places I won't go to, Alaska, Hawaii, Washington D.C. I really want to move to another state.

Things I need: Available public transportation, area is liveable without having to drive
Colleges in or closeby the area

Things I really want: Good number of single females ages 18-21
More females than males (goes with first want)

Also it can't be a small town. I've lived in one my whole life and I hate it, and rural areas SUCK. I think New York City would be the other extreme (WAY too crowded).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 11:15 PM

42,618 posts, read 86,577,260 times
You want to go to college in a place where there are lots of young women to distract you. What for?

Old 04-12-2014, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
You want to go to college in a place where there are lots of young women to distract you. What for?
I didn't say that exactly. But I don't want to be alone forever.

Old 04-13-2014, 12:40 AM

8,452 posts, read 14,948,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotPeter View Post
Things I need: Available public transportation, area is liveable without having to drive...Colleges in or closeby the area
Things I really want: Good number of single females ages 18-21 More females than males (goes with first want)...Also it can't be a small town.
Chicago.
A ridiculous number of colleges in the city. Great public transit system, no need for a car. Females: 51.5% per the census. Friendly, social city. Check the Chicago sub forum.

Here's the schools list: List of colleges and universities in Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-13-2014, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Chicago.
A ridiculous number of colleges in the city. Great public transit system, no need for a car. Females: 51.5% per the census. Friendly, social city. Check the Chicago sub forum.

Here's the schools list: List of colleges and universities in Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I read Chicago has a lot of crime and I think I also read many people are rude. But there'll be people saying some place sucks and people who say its awesome. Chicago Illinois has been a place I've thought about. Also it always makes me think about the Chicago dog from Sonic, I don't if they still have those or not......... Those are good!

Old 04-13-2014, 01:17 AM

1,640 posts, read 2,636,588 times
Into a dorm room.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:00 AM

1,709 posts, read 2,150,404 times
Quote:
I read Chicago has a lot of crime and I think I also read many people are rude. But there'll be people saying some place sucks and people who say its awesome. Chicago Illinois has been a place I've thought about. Also it always makes me think about the Chicago dog from Sonic, I don't if they still have those or not......... Those are good!
It's a big city, of course it will have a lot of crime and rude people. You'll many of those in any big city, whether it's Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, or some other metropolis. That doesn't make it a bad city though-the bad parts and people are almost always outweighed by the good ones.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:01 AM

12,769 posts, read 18,266,535 times
Quote:
I didn't say that exactly. But I don't want to be alone forever.
You should work on getting that GPA up first instead of trying to find a mate.

I got married at 31, what is the rush?

Old 04-13-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8to32characters View Post
Into a dorm room.
Ok, please give me the money then

Old 04-13-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post
It's a big city, of course it will have a lot of crime and rude people. You'll many of those in any big city, whether it's Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, or some other metropolis. That doesn't make it a bad city though-the bad parts and people are almost always outweighed by the good ones.
Outweighed by the good ones? Well that's good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.