Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 12:42 PM

8,452 posts, read 14,951,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Governor Perry spoke about legalizing & decriminalizing Marijuana in Texas.
Its already a reduced offense getting caught with less than 1 ounce. Its like a Class B traffic ticket no jail time.
Hardly liberal.

1 ounce isn't much. Here's a picture of 2 ounces:
2 Ounces of White Tiger (Super HQ) - Recreational Marijuana Use

And if your weight is off by a gram, you can get the 2oz penalty, a crime:
2 oz or less misdemeanor 180 days $ 2,000

And as little as 4 oz is a FELONY.

Teaxs Laws:

Possession ONLY

2 - 4 oz misdemeanor 1 year $ 4,000
4 oz to 5 lbs felony 180 days* - 2 years $ 10,000
5 - 50 lbs felony 2* - 10 years $ 10,000
50 - 2000 lbs felony 2* - 20 years $ 10,000
More than 2000 lbs felony 5* - 99 years $ 50,000

If for sale, you can get LIFE IN PRISON! It's like being a first-degree murderer in Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 03:25 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,094,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by probablyimnotsure View Post
Any area where there is a large concentration of slackers. I would look at California beach towns, where people are in their own little bubble and think that everybody should just chill out, live by the beach, smoke weed and live off their parents money.....And yes I'm bitter.
Slackers can't afford to live in any California beach town!

Old 05-13-2014, 03:32 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,094,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inattentive View Post
You look at a city with symptoms ie, lethargy ,unemployment, dull personalities,quiet semi unresponsive
personas ,dippy dudes and gals and occasionally very talkative followed by brain dead. Why these
symptoms? (thanks for assskkingg man the joints are gradually remodelling the brains pathways albeit neurons. The chronic veggies as I refer to them are driving 50 in a 65 on I 95 ...swell.
I don't use it, but I have neigbhors who occassionally smoke it. They are college-educated, successful, six figure income parents.

To answer the OP, yes, Denver can be at the top of that list

Old 05-14-2014, 03:03 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,854,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowsAndBeer View Post
^ No kidding! It's great how he threw Austin in there so he could mention Houston without it JUST being Houston. Like a teenager buying condoms and picking up gum and a soda so he can put the box in between and pretend it's all casual-like.
What ever dude.

Houston's hard core drug scene is one of the largest in the country.

Marijuana, Crack/Cocaine, Heroin, Pills (Hydrocodone, Xanax, Ecstasy), & Promethazine AKA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_drank are all widely abused & advertised openly.

People from as far away as Florida drive to Houston for prescriptions on a regular basis.

Michael Jackson's personal doctors clinic was in Houston where he received his Propofol.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:19 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,527,777 times
What about goofballs?

Old 05-15-2014, 01:39 AM

146 posts, read 189,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
That's not true. Plenty of smokers still actually smoke it. Vaping is still pretty new.
Agree!

Old 05-15-2014, 01:53 AM

596 posts, read 814,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
San Francisco is full of potheads, and last time I checked our economy was doing pretty well -- if not too well for some people's taste.
I seriously doubt the high-end tech jobs are filled with potheads. You are talking about the hippies and vagrants. I doubt that the people who keep the tech industry moving and contribute greatly to San Francisco's economy are lighting up a joint on a regular basis.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:59 AM

20,501 posts, read 33,317,609 times
Quote:
What ever dude.

Marijuana, Crack/Cocaine, Heroin, Pills (Hydrocodone, Xanax, Ecstasy), & Promethazine AKA Purple drank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia are all widely abused & advertised openly.

People from as far away as Florida drive to Houston for prescriptions on a regular basis.

Michael Jackson's personal doctors clinic was in Houston where he received his Propofol.
Man you post as somebody that is like a wannabe down type of cat on some of these topics. You also do more damage to Houston on here than you realize.

Anyway, there are two answers to this question. Everywhere and a few basements I know around the country.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:58 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,876,933 times
Quote:
What ever dude.

Marijuana, Crack/Cocaine, Heroin, Pills (Hydrocodone, Xanax, Ecstasy), & Promethazine AKA Purple drank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia are all widely abused & advertised openly.

People drive from Florida to Houston for perscriptions lol. Florida is the pill mill capital of the world.

To the OP's question and the answer is everywhere. I've been all over the world and have smoked some of the best of the best all over the world from Amsterdam to the Nile Valley to British Columbia.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:44 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,619,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by probablyimnotsure View Post
I seriously doubt the high-end tech jobs are filled with potheads. You are talking about the hippies and vagrants. I doubt that the people who keep the tech industry moving and contribute greatly to San Francisco's economy are lighting up a joint on a regular basis.
Wrong! I know several people with high-end tech jobs who smoke pot. They have worked at some of the most well-known companies on the planet. They would hardly be called potheads. And I sincerely doubt that vagrants can afford the high prices of pot. Hippies on the other hand would be older and perhaps financially secure enough.

You seem to have a lot of labels for people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.