Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 05:14 PM

895 posts, read 1,231,865 times

Advertisements

As the title states...where was the most nervous or uncomfortable you have ever felt ...name the city and if you know or want to list the particular neighborhood and why you felt the way you did!

I have a few..

Downtown San Antonio a few blocks from the riverwalk and Alamo. My gf and I where stopped multiple times bye random people asking for money and would see them meet up at a corner and kind of follow us damn near all the way to the river walk. Just felt very desolate and alone downtown..and a very uneasy vibe.

Montgomery and Birmingham Alabama... Similar experience.

Leaving downtown Chicago (where I'm from) and making a few wring turns to see a few gangbangers sitting on a car with guns out.

Gainesville Florida. Slept in a motel 6 on a road trip and could hear what appeared to be a prostitiution ring with truckers going on.

Savannah Georgia...oh lord..make a few turns away from the beautiful downtown and you'll be in what seems like an endless ghetto.

Charleston South Carolina...again beautiful but the downtown felt very quiet for a weekend night. Kinda creepy. And then just blocks away from downtown area is a much more sketchy span of neighborhoods.

Block away from the strip in Vegas...gf didn't wanna cross the street so I went to the gas station to grab a drink or whatever and as I was coming back it appeared there was a car sitting in this abandoned parking lot right by her the whole time and as I crossed the street it took off..

Sure there are plenty more but that'll get it started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 07:15 PM

22 posts, read 31,847 times
Not a terribly useful or interesting thread. Seems kind of troll-ish.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:18 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,011 posts, read 53,177,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antny12 View Post

Leaving downtown Chicago (where I'm from) and making a few wring turns to see a few gangbangers sitting on a car with guns out.
What'd you do? Were you on foot or driving?

Old 05-14-2014, 07:21 PM

16,505 posts, read 26,108,879 times
You're from Chicago and these are the scariest places to you?

Old 05-14-2014, 07:25 PM

708 posts, read 995,266 times
Bankhead in Atlanta, MECHANICSVILLE,4 SEASON,CASCADE RD IT PLENTY. ALL IN ATL

Old 05-14-2014, 07:27 PM

708 posts, read 995,266 times
Savannah is ghetto, I totally agree with that.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:29 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,011 posts, read 53,177,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigATL View Post
Savannah is ghetto, I totally agree with that.
wouldn't expected that. I assumed it was a cute historic city with little ghetto-ness to it. Kinda like a southern version of Portland, ME.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:46 PM

First of all...this thread is not trollish.
Every city has good and bad areas so its quite interesting to here about peoples personal experiencences. And it also helps others be more aware of certain areas.

The Chicago incident was on a street that takes you out of downtown that you can't get off. I got off eventually at the first exit and took it down some ways. This is where I saw the group. I was driving with a friend. Just kept driving and didn't stop for nothing. Eventually found our way back to the expressway and didn't look back.

Third I lived all over Chicago (dad lived near midway, mom lived in the south burbs, family on the north side and south side). Chicagos crime is really in pockets to be honest. I didn't really go downtown or use Chicago all that much but I never had too many bad experiences. Now with that said I didn't go wandering around the city by myself with no direction...maybe driving during Christmas time to look at lights and such or for a trip to Freddie's Italian ice.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
wouldn't expected that. I assumed it was a cute historic city with little ghetto-ness to it. Kinda like a southern version of Portland, ME.
Savannahs downtown is pretty neat and historical. Very very cool but with that said you can be in some of the most run down areas I've been to in a matter of a few turns.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:50 PM

10,000 posts, read 8,506,137 times
East St.Louis can be spooky at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.