Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 10:04 PM

117 posts, read 449,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
Here are some images from my dream neighborhood:

One of these historic beauties WILL be ours some day!
Looks perfect! Thanks for sharing the pics...I love them. And you're so funny...I love to hear people dreaming and planning their entire life like I do So many different options it's hard to decide the best fit, ya know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 10:17 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
Looks perfect! Thanks for sharing the pics...I love them. And you're so funny...I love to hear people dreaming and planning their entire life like I do So many different options it's hard to decide the best fit, ya know?
Thanks. In a way though I feel burdened having my entire life planned out to a "T." I already know that I want our Siberian Husky's name to be Sierra. I already know that I want to adopt two sons and one daughter. I already know that I want to own a midnight blue Mini Cooper convertible. I already know that I want to have a home with a large, inviting front porch. I already know that I want to compete in the Boston Marathon someday. I already know that I want my partner and I to hike the Appalachian Trail together someday. I just feel a bit too well-planned. I'm worried that if one too many wrenches fly into the scene and burst my dreams, I might go off the rails on the crazy train, as Ozzy Osbourne would say.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:41 PM

117 posts, read 449,949 times
Quote:
Thanks. In a way though I feel burdened having my entire life planned out to a "T." I already know that I want our Siberian Husky's name to be Sierra. I already know that I want to adopt two sons and one daughter. I already know that I want to own a midnight blue Mini Cooper convertible. I already know that I want to have a home with a large, inviting front porch. I already know that I want to compete in the Boston Marathon someday. I already know that I want my partner and I to hike the Appalachian Trail together someday. I just feel a bit too well-planned. I'm worried that if one too many wrenches fly into the scene and burst my dreams, I might go off the rails on the crazy train, as Ozzy Osbourne would say.
that's funny...are you also a bit design obsessed...like aranging your house just so...i feel like for me it's just part of that...like that goes here that goes there you'll do this and i'll do that and we'll all be so freaking happy and cute....he he...it's really a sickness.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:06 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,348,308 times
^^^I'm not like that. My room is a mess, my locker is a mess, my backpack is a mess, my binders are a mess.

But, I have my life planned out. I'm going to go to college in either CA, OR, NY, or Fl. I really like University of Oregon, University of Miami, UCLA, UC Davis/Santa Cruz/Santa Barbara/Irvine, SUNY Stony Brook/Buffalo/Binghmaton/Purchase.

Once I graduate and I become a dentist, I'll work as a dental assistant in NYC, Miami, and Honolulu. Then once I meet my dream girl and we decide to have kids, move back to LA and either be in Mission Viejo, El Segundo, Westlake Village, Beverly Hills, Hollywood Hills, Encino, Tarzana, Sherman Oaks, Woodland Hills, or Santa Clarita. If I decide I like one of those other three cities, we may move there.

I want a Mediterranean style home with a pool in LA or Miami, brownstone in Jersey across from Manhattan or in the Upper West/Upper East Side, or a condo Honolulu or home in Mililani Town north of Honolulu.

If I live in Miami, LA, or Honolulu I want a BMW M3 convertible for everyday driving and my wife can drive either a Range Rover or BMW M5 that will be the family car. In NYC, we would have only one car and it would be a Range Rover.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:06 AM

1,453 posts, read 4,930,490 times
I think I am going to heave.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyntmac View Post
I think I am going to heave.
Need a bag?

Old 12-13-2007, 09:12 AM

3,073 posts, read 11,575,953 times
Count on SWB to post some pictures.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
Count on SWB to post some pictures.
Hey! They alone convinced ONE family to move to the city when they saw the house of their dreams (that just so happened to be on the market). Why not more? I wish MORE people would post photos on this forum. There are some very talented photographers in Upstate SC, Upstate NY, Scranton, Oregon, and a few other areas I've been lurking around, but by and large out of 215,000+ members, we're lucky to have 100 photographers in the bunch. I think everyone should have enough pride in their areas to post photos for others to see.

It can truly be an eye-opening experience. I always thought Binghamton, NY was a hell hole until I visited it to do a photo tour and fell in love with its architecture. Likewise, I think Atlanta is a hell hole due to the sprawl; someone could change that for me by posting pics of something in Atlanta OTHER than the skyline or freeways, neither of which impress me. Where are all of the Atlanta photos of residential streets, like the ones I have pictured? Houston could use more pics as well (hint, hint!) I know I've transformed a lot of people's minds who formerly thought my city was nothing but a decrepit old hick town. I'm hoping others could do the same for their own tarnished communities.

Last edited by SteelCityRising; 12-13-2007 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: Addition

Old 12-13-2007, 09:22 AM

3,073 posts, read 11,575,953 times
Quote:
Hey! They alone convinced ONE family to move to the city when they saw the house of their dreams (that just so happened to be on the market). Why not more? I wish MORE people would post photos on this forum. There are some very talented photographers in Upstate SC, Upstate NY, Scranton, Oregon, and a few other areas I've been lurking around, but by and large out of 215,000+ members, we're lucky to have 100 photographers in the bunch. I think everyone should have enough pride in their areas to post photos for others to see.

It can truly be an eye-opening experience. I always thought Binghamton, NY was a hell hole until I visited it to do a photo tour and fell in love with its architecture. Likewise, I think Atlanta is a hell hole due to the sprawl; someone could change that for me by posting pics of something in Atlanta OTHER than the skyline or freeways, neither of which impress me. Where are all of the Atlanta photos of residential streets, like the ones I have pictured? Houston could use more pics as well (hint, hint!) I know I've transformed a lot of people's minds who formerly thought my city was nothing but a decrepit old hick town. I'm hoping others could do the same for their own tarnished communities.
Oh, I wan't trying to hate. I enjoy your photos.

Atlanta could use more residential photos. But as for Houston, there are tons and tons of photos on this website. Most of them posted by users RGV and Guerilla.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:31 AM

I'll have to check out those Houston photos soon. Sorry about the misunderstanding; I've had a lot of people actually mad at me for posting photos, and I thought this was the case again, so I jumped on the defensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.