Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 06:34 AM

10,644 posts, read 16,025,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYerinKreuzberg View Post
CT is wierd. Part of it is New England but a nice chunk of it feels like NY suburbs. Bridgeport/Greenwich area feels more like I'm in Northern NJ than Rhode Island or metro Boston...listen to the accents.

AL, MS, LA and TN are the Deep South and Kentucky and WV and maybe some parts of Tennesee are Appalachia...Arkansas can be in that group with Kansas and Oklahoma and Missouri that isn't clearly south or Midwest.

I defined the Southeast as the southern states in the east coast. All the other states you mentioned are in the interior of the country and there geographically not "east"
Okay forget about the Appalachia/Midwest/Deep South etc. regions,
If there was only Northeast/Southeast and Northwest/Southwest in what region are Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky and West Virginia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 06:42 AM

18 posts, read 29,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
If there was only Northeast/Southeast and Northwest/Southwest in what region are Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky and West Virginia?
If there was only two types of food, vegetables and beef...what would a Gummy Bear be?

What you're asking is waaay oversimplifying this entire country, but whatever I'll make you happy and give you the answer you want.'of the country was to be divided into quarters..I'd call anything east of the Mississippi River east and anything south of Baltimore metro area the south. Culturally that would the most accurate.

So all those places would be the south east except for Arkansas which would be south west.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:16 AM

320 posts, read 578,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYerinKreuzberg View Post
CT is wierd. Part of it is New England but a nice chunk of it feels like NY suburbs. Bridgeport/Greenwich area feels more like I'm in Northern NJ than Rhode Island or metro Boston...listen to the accents.

AL, MS, LA and TN are the Deep South and Kentucky and WV and maybe some parts of Tennesee are Appalachia...Arkansas can be in that group with Kansas and Oklahoma and Missouri that isn't clearly south or Midwest.

I defined the Southeast as the southern states in the east coast. All the other states you mentioned are in the interior of the country and there geographically not "east"
So you're saying that Mississippi and Louisiana border the Midwest? Arkansas state is next to Mississippi and Louisiana. Part of the state of Arkansas is in the Mississippi Delta.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:00 AM

622 posts, read 948,919 times
Quote:
If they were only 4 regions, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas and Tennessee would be in the Southeast, while Kentucky and West Virginia would be in the Northeast. Southern parts of Missouri, Kentucky and Virginia might be Southeastern in culture, but I am using geographical regions and not splitting states into 2 regions, so therefore, those 3 states belong in the Northeast.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:13 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,328,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppethammer26 View Post
If they were only 4 regions, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas and Tennessee would be in the Southeast, while Kentucky and West Virginia would be in the Northeast. Southern parts of Missouri, Kentucky and Virginia might be Southeastern in culture, but I am using geographical regions and not splitting states into 2 regions, so therefore, those 3 states belong in the Northeast.
Virginia and Kentucky are not Northeastern states. Not now, not ever. Period.

Missouri is in the Midwest.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:21 PM

10,644 posts, read 16,025,322 times
The Ohio River is the border between North and South.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:58 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Virginia and Kentucky are not Northeastern states. Not now, not ever. Period.

Missouri is in the Midwest.

Exactly! Seems some here have a problem knowing where states belong in this country. makes you wonder what government schools they attended.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:17 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,843,606 times
Portland Maine -Columbus,Ga

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...01917852_n.jpg

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/FARUKKN078E/maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited by JMT; 05-26-2014 at 07:23 PM..

Old 05-26-2014, 08:07 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,901,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Exactly! Seems some here have a problem knowing where states belong in this country. makes you wonder what government schools they attended.
The OP is a troll and this is the second or third time he/she has created a thread like this. Even a 6 grader knows the difference between the North East and Midwest.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:55 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,736,528 times
Quote:
The Ohio River is the border between North and South.
Not entirely, considering West Virginia is half-Northern-half-Southern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.