U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2007, 09:25 AM

259 posts, read 725,410 times

Advertisements

I am 21 year male looking to get out of Michigan. I visited Austin/San Antonio in the spring and thought they were nice places but I don't think I could see myself living in either (although we were mostly downtown) I would like to live by or close by the beach, around many college students or 20 something people, with just a lot of places to go, things to do, a lively downtown. Currently I live in a city of about 70,000 which is nice, but I would like to try and find a city with a little more people. So many places I've been reading about its hard to take it all in and make a choice on where I want to visit this spring to look around.

Last edited by wagonproject; 12-13-2007 at 09:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 11:26 AM

20,005 posts, read 69,411,770 times
Sounds like Florida is calling your name.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:32 PM

2,408 posts, read 13,361,720 times
It's quite pricey, but the coast of California, places like Santa Cruz and Santa Barbara sounds like it'd be perfect for you. Laid-back, very young vibe, right on the beach. Expensive, but if willing to room with someone (or a few people), it's doable.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:57 AM

15,400 posts, read 25,825,081 times
The beach is such a great place to be in your 20's. Hermosa Beach or Redondo Beach (S. Cal) might be more in your price range. Move into some old shack that has a bunch of roommates, it's the thing to do there and it's a good way to get connected with the beach scene. If you google The Beach Report, The Easy Reader, or The Daily Breeze (local newspapers) you will find several ads, and get a feel for the towns.

Once you move there, you can also find housing situations through community organizations. If you happen to be religious, there are a few fantastic churches there that have notice boards. Many young people find relatively cheap and nice places this way. American Martyrs in Manhattan Beach, Hope Chapel in Hermosa, Church of Religious Science in Redondo are 3 places in particular that might be helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.