Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2014, 01:37 PM

3 posts, read 3,691 times

Advertisements

hello! this is my first time on these forums, as I just discovered this site! I'm a 19 year old living in Chicago. I love the big city feel and the atmosphere but I HATE the cold winters and have always wanted to live somewhere that's warm all year round. I was looking in California, but other places could work. I've lived in the suburbs all my life up until last year and would like to stay near a big city. what are some places like Chicago but have warm weather year round?

I know Chicago is very unique, so it's bound to be different, I just want to live in a place with palm trees and sunny days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 02:21 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,622,641 times
Maby check out Phoenix, Houston, Miami

Old 06-10-2014, 03:09 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,488,540 times
Lots of Chicago peeps I know really like LA, and youll fnd them all over from the Westside to Koreatown to Silverlake. The stereotype is that you need a car to get around in LA,.but the truth is that it has a lot of urban and walkable neighborhoods that are well connected to transit. Especially I you live in a neighborhood like Koreatown.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:14 PM

Thanks! I was looking at L.A. but I'm not sure about the housing prices. I am planning on getting a scooter though so that should solve the transportation problem!

Old 06-10-2014, 03:15 PM

And I'll check out Phoenix, I never thought of there

Old 06-10-2014, 06:20 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,814,932 times
I would recommend LA wayyy before Phoenix. Phoenix as a whole just feels very... suburban. About 90% of it does, at least. Not that this is a problem but if you love the "big city" feel you won't get it here, even though Phoenix is one of the largest cities in the nation. Maybe some places in the suburbs Scottsdale or Tempe, but that's about it.

Even LA does to me, but it's just not as bad compared to Phoenix. There are more options in LA than in Phoenix for that style of living. In Phoenix it is practically nonexistent.

I think Miami would be a better choice than LA or Phoenix for a warm big city feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.