U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2014, 02:34 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,135,517 times

Advertisements

New Orleans. Two of my good friends moved there to start over just for fun, and love it! The economy is nowhere near amazing, but it's improving and the people there are awesome. They got jobs relatively quickly, but they were artists and they both were bartenders (they made good money though!). I made friends just visiting NOLA that I keep in contact with.

Austin would also be a great choice. Very friendly and great people. Weather should honestly be your last choice in choosing a city unless it is for health reasons. New York City is also a good choice.... there's something there for everyone and when I lived there I made friends very quickly. I am the type of person though that doesn't confine myself to a certain type of group... so I get along with just about everyone. In Chicago I had a great experience... made friends about as fast as in New York. Upper Midwest cities like Milwaukee and Minneapolis are also good choices.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 06:57 PM

116 posts, read 197,819 times
Seattle is a wonderful city and I so want to move back and my fiance and I are considering doing in sometime early next year after we sell our house here in Las Vegas, Nevada. We hate the desert. But at the same time even though I prefer Seattle we are also considering Austin, Texas because is is Cheaper to live and the home prices are lower then they are in Seattle, WA.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or