U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 02:10 PM

2,438 posts, read 4,223,064 times

Advertisements

Another site has used the same underlying data to come up with a seven-question quiz that will supposedly find the town that best matches your politics in each state:

What town matches my politics?

That underlying data is here:

Voter Data - TargetSmart Communications
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 10:51 AM

5,654 posts, read 3,640,251 times
Accident, MD, aside from having a humorous name, is a teeny-tiny, blink and you miss it kind of place. However, it is located in Garrett County, which is arguably the most conservative county in the state, so I'll give it to 'em.

Tacoma Park most liberal? Yes indeed!

Old 06-21-2014, 10:37 PM

4,552 posts, read 3,635,459 times
Hayden? More than Bisbee? Considering Bisbee has actively gone against the state government numerous times to try to legalize more liberal laws, I would like to disagree. Hayden hasn't been in the news for such a thing, so I'm not sure.

Colorado City, one of the most isolated towns in the nation (considering the fact that they won't allow many outsiders in and they are on the far side of the Grand Canyon), and known to not allow utilities for people of other religions, and a center of polygamy (actually that is why the town was formed) is not surprising that it is named one of the most conservative towns in Arizona. I would probably name Colorado City as one of the most conservative towns in the US, quite frankly.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:23 AM

5,885 posts, read 6,317,985 times
The #1 town for me was Attica Ohio, my #5 was Oregonia Ohio which is just down the road from me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or