Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2014, 10:28 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,937,475 times

Advertisements

Here is a map I made showing the areas of the U.S. that speak to me the most. This is based on years of heavy, extensive travel. The thing that sucks about these areas is that there are virtually NO good paying accounting jobs for me.

Anyway, the map is below, but here is a list for those of you who are unfamiliar with the general areas:
  • Coastal Maine
  • Western/Central/Upstate New York
  • Shenandoah Valley (Virginia)
  • Florida's Panhandle
  • Utah (along I-15)
  • Nevada desert (between Reno and Las Vegas)
  • Northeastern Oregon along I-84
  • Washington between Seattle and Ellensburg (I-90)
  • Oregon's Coast and out toward Crater Lake (love love love it!)
So, what are all your opinions on the places that I think are very nice?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 10:54 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
I like your WA and Western OR highlights. Everything north of Redding, CA, west of the Cascades has always spoken to me too.

I don't get the NV or UT ones as much. The I-15 UT drive is okay, but doesn't speak to my soul. I lived SW of Death Valley in CA for three years, and while I find the desert inspiring, it doesn't seep quite to my soul.

Have you been to NE Washington/North Idaho/Western MT? That is my #1 spot, if I were to make a map.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:03 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,937,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
I like your WA and Western OR highlights. Everything north of Redding, CA, west of the Cascades has always spoken to me too.

I don't get the NV or UT ones as much. The I-15 UT drive is okay, but doesn't speak to my soul. I lived SW of Death Valley in CA for three years, and while I find the desert inspiring, it doesn't seep quite to my soul.

Have you been to NE Washington/North Idaho/Western MT? That is my #1 spot, if I were to make a map.
No I haven't. I REALLY wanted to go there, but didn't have time when I did my major road trip last week. Instead I had to stay on I-84 and cut through Boise into Kennewick, WA, then onto Seattle.

I guess I could kind of agree with you that my highlight in UT isn't THAT spectacular, now that I think about it. But being from Connecticut, it was exciting to see. The places that speak to me the most on my map were probably my highlights in Oregon, Nevada and New York.

Old 07-05-2014, 03:05 AM

617 posts, read 1,201,803 times
Not bad, I like the majority those highlighted areas.

Here's mine:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.