U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 07:53 PM
NCN NCN started this thread

21,135 posts, read 21,883,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLees View Post
You haven't visited southern New England so do that first. This area is full of life and pessimistic people who don't appreciate all of the awesome going on here until they move to somewhere sucky.
Ought to be good if everyone there has a good sense of humor like you. We went to Smuggler's Notch and drove over to Maine. Maine intrigues me. The air was so crisp and clean. Why do the police officers from your area follow cars around that has N. C. plates? It made me very uncomfortable. Don't you like tourist up there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
For a history nerd like me, Virginia would be amazing! It has all that Colonial era history and it is absolutely Civil War heaven! Add the beaches and mountains to that, not to mention the city of Richmond, and I can't imagine not being able to find something to do on any given day.
Been on Highway 3 a lot. I have family there--like grandchildren! And it is Civil War Heaven. Not to mention all the presidential homes.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:21 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,397,432 times
CA or NY I think - lots of land, lots of options.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:40 PM

14,111 posts, read 22,756,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
CA or NY I think - lots of land, lots of options.
When you said NY, I thought your reasoning would be diffirent, besides its size. There are plenty of states larger than NY in land area, and more varied than NY also.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:45 PM

6,329 posts, read 4,680,714 times
Aliens,hidden gold,Billy The Kid....
Can't get more interesting than " The Land of Enchantment "

Old 06-27-2014, 12:46 PM

56,609 posts, read 80,890,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
When you said NY, I thought your reasoning would be diffirent, besides its size. There are plenty of states larger than NY in land area, and more varied than NY also.
In terms of land, it is 30th in size, but for its size, it does have great variation.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:08 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,397,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
None have the variety of NY, from the biggest metro in the country to the lakes/forests/mountains upstate, ocean, etc. It is large for a northeastern coastal state - I find the south uninteresting and no state without one of the top few metros would be able to rank #1 as "the most interesting state to live in" for me. What were your choices again?

Old 06-27-2014, 02:54 PM

267 posts, read 239,089 times
Iowa:

The Iowa Caucasus are very influential (due to media coverage) to political candidates and where people talk about who they want to support and vote with everyone in the group knowing and trying to convince everyone else. So political candidates want to get to know Iowans and gain their personal support.

Old 05-04-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus64 View Post
Iowa:

The Iowa Caucasus are very influential (due to media coverage) to political candidates and where people talk about who they want to support and vote with everyone in the group knowing and trying to convince everyone else. So political candidates want to get to know Iowans and gain their personal support.
I wish a better state would be first with the choices in candidates. I may visit Iowa but it would never be because I want to have anything to do with their politics. When it comes to voting, I think people do a better job from inside a voting booth. Iowa needs to do some adjusting or let someone else be first. When these voting rules started we did not have a national media. I would prefer that all states vote the same day. That way maybe one of these days we may end up with a better president.

Last edited by NCN; 05-04-2015 at 03:12 PM..

Old 05-04-2015, 04:12 PM

1,743 posts, read 959,320 times
Hawaii would be amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or