Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2014, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 683 times

Advertisements

I am a single mother of 3 and I am looking for ideas as to relocating from Las Vegas. I was born in Rochester New York lived in California as a teen and then her in Las Vegas. In my opinion Las Vegas is not a place to raise kids. I want my kids to have more in there life than what is offered to them here. My son is 7 and has some learning disabilities,adhd and the issues that go with that. He is very smart and very active and friendly. He loves to be sociable and talk to people but he can also have an off day. My daughter is 12 she is very outgoing and likes to be very active inspite of a physical issue she was born with. It does not hinder her at all. She is very smart and does great in school.

I am looking for a place that has many outdoor things to do,a wide variety of activities and events. I want to be able to fish, hike, bike, ride, walk around, I want my kids to experience all that they can and enjoy all that nature and the world has to show. I choose not to drive so i need to be somewhere where there is ample amount of public transportation or most things like groceries and general stores are within walking or biking distance. We like the rain and want a good amount of snow for winters with sunny days but not hot. I am so over the heat and the desert only aspect of things. I want green grass trees and all 4 seasons. I want to be able to enjoy life not be exhausted from heat after 20 min. I need to be close enough to doctors and hospital for my kids or at least where there is transportation to get to them if needed.

I need to be somewhere that the schools are really good especially with kids with learning issues,neighborhoods that are safe and people are friendly. I am on a fixed income so i can not afford more than about $800 rent for 3bdrm house. House is better due to my sons energy level dont want to deal with neighbors cxomplaining when hes loud and rowdy.

Sorry for it being so long but need all information i can get. Thank you for what ever advice you can give
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 06:30 PM

93,334 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Move back to Rochester and look into school districts like Brighton, Rush-Henrietta, Brockport, Spencerport, Churchville-Chili, Hilton and West Irondequoit, among others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.