U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 12:36 PM

6,212 posts, read 7,391,750 times

Advertisements

Hmmm....I really love both, but if it's any indicator, I felt more "comfortable" in LA than in New York City. The East Coast have so many beautiful treasures too, be it cities/towns/suburbs, national parks, nature, culture, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 12:41 PM

6,212 posts, read 7,391,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
There was a time when I would have said west. Also a time when I would have said the east.

Now that I live in Alaska I'm pretty sure the North coast is the beat! Heheh

Less people, more outdoors, more wildlife, no traffic, no smog.
Technically that is the West lol

Old 06-29-2014, 01:06 PM

854 posts, read 1,113,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post

But I can live without much of the West's excessive heat, deserts, forests that look great from a distance but are crackly tinder piles when you get in them, and the 'super-chill, laid back' people that actually have huge, but super-fragile egos. Not that there aren't some serious personality defects on the east coast, too. Fair is fair.

Very much true.

I'm from the West Coast, but I'm curious to try out the East Coast. There's a lot of things about it that appeal to me more, like the greener vegetation, more pronounced seasons and the diversity of the people.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:56 PM

267 posts, read 239,248 times
Neither

Old 06-29-2014, 02:56 PM

596 posts, read 651,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicymeatball View Post
Very much true.

I'm from the West Coast, but I'm curious to try out the East Coast. There's a lot of things about it that appeal to me more, like the greener vegetation, more pronounced seasons and the diversity of the people.
Well, California has as much diversity as anywhere on the East Coast.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:20 PM

11,145 posts, read 14,129,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by probablyimnotsure View Post
Well, California has as much diversity as anywhere on the East Coast.
True. Although, one interesting trend is that the white population in CA is actually declining by about 100,000 per year now, for the past few years. Not sure what the explanation is for that.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:02 PM

708 posts, read 2,410,723 times
Quote:
I would say this is one of the reasons why people don't like the West. You enjoy being around unemployed mentally ill people?
It's also one reason people prefer the west. Sorry but your generalization is inaccurate and antagonistic. Yes, I prefer being around nature-minded folk who value opening their doors of perception over feeding their egos with material gratification.

Plenty of hippies have jobs and are functional individuals so.....

Old 06-29-2014, 05:14 PM

596 posts, read 651,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lndigo View Post
It's also one reason people prefer the west. Sorry but your generalization is inaccurate and antagonistic. Yes, I prefer being around nature-minded folk who value opening their doors of perception over feeding their egos with material gratification.

Plenty of hippies have jobs and are functional individuals so
These are called hipsters, yuppies, or just educated people in general. I enjoy nature and having an open mind, but I'm not a hippie. I think hippies existed in the 60's and 70's.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:22 PM

708 posts, read 2,410,723 times
Quote:
These are called hipsters, yuppies, or just educated people in general. I enjoy nature and having an open mind, but I'm not a hippie. I think hippies existed in the 60's and 70's.
No I wouldn't call them hipsters and definitely wouldn't call them yuppies haha. The individuals I'm thinking of, that is. They're hippies. But whatever, this is just semantics at this point.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:49 PM

854 posts, read 1,113,918 times
Quote:
Hippies definitely still exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.