U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 08:57 AM

1,185 posts, read 259,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
My neighborhood of Long Island City, Queens may be the capital (if not, then one of most prominent locations) of white/asian interracial marriages in the USA.

In general interracial marriages are very common in this neighborhood.
Because this is on the border of a white neighborhood (Midtown Manhattan) and an Asian neighborhood (Many parts of Queens). Usually you find more interracial couples in border areas. For example I see many Black and Latino mixed marriages in border zones of the Bronx between the different ethnic enclaves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2019, 08:59 AM

1,185 posts, read 259,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevans1636 View Post
I am biracial and from NYC born and raised. In my experience interracial relationships and marriages between white women and black men are nonexistent. Like no where to be found. My father is white and my mother is black. I graduated form Harvard University and NYU Business School.

I was working at New York Life in Rego Park Queens and I honestly had no chance of finding love in NYC. I felt like I was wasting my time to even try to find love. After my late mother had passed away from cancer I had it. I waled in to my office at New York Life and explained I had to leave NYC. Every other agent at New York Life had a picture of their wife and kids but my desk was void of any wife or kids. In NYC every beautiful White woman I saw was a woman I couldn't have.

Leaving NYC was one of the best decisions I ever made. I have lived in Atlanta, Lansing-Michigan, Los Angeles-California, North Carolina, Houston, went to college in Boston. Every place and I mean every place I have lived has had a much a much higher of interracial marriage between White women and black men.

In my experience interracial marriage between black men and white women do not happen or so rare it is not worth talking about. I am not trying to be rough but that is my truthful experience.

In NYC white women are not interested in any black man at all. I am seeking to be truthful in sharing my experience.
Could this be due to a religious barrier because many white New Yorkers are Jewish.

Old 04-05-2019, 05:52 AM

1,712 posts, read 1,940,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsquirrel View Post
Could this be due to a religious barrier because many white New Yorkers are Jewish.
Its probably a barrier for the HasIdic's and Ultra-Orthodox ones; but for the regular 'Reform Jews', many date and have friendships outside of their religion.

Old 04-05-2019, 08:00 AM

4,843 posts, read 2,975,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevans1636 View Post
I am biracial and from NYC born and raised. In my experience interracial relationships and marriages between white women and black men are nonexistent. Like no where to be found. My father is white and my mother is black. I graduated form Harvard University and NYU Business School.

I was working at New York Life in Rego Park Queens and I honestly had no chance of finding love in NYC. I felt like I was wasting my time to even try to find love. After my late mother had passed away from cancer I had it. I waled in to my office at New York Life and explained I had to leave NYC. Every other agent at New York Life had a picture of their wife and kids but my desk was void of any wife or kids. In NYC every beautiful White woman I saw was a woman I couldn't have.

Leaving NYC was one of the best decisions I ever made. I have lived in Atlanta, Lansing-Michigan, Los Angeles-California, North Carolina, Houston, went to college in Boston. Every place and I mean every place I have lived has had a much a much higher of interracial marriage between White women and black men.

In my experience interracial marriage between black men and white women do not happen or so rare it is not worth talking about. I am not trying to be rough but that is my truthful experience.

In NYC white women are not interested in any black man at all. I am seeking to be truthful in sharing my experience.
1. I think black man/white woman combo is the most common I've seen even in NYC.
2. Why do you have to be with a white woman?

Old 04-05-2019, 10:54 AM

429 posts, read 175,145 times
Here you guys go:

https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/inte...by-metro-area/
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...arriage-rates/

Old 04-06-2019, 11:37 AM

1,130 posts, read 553,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YesNo12345 View Post
I live in California and man I see so many interracial combos lately with the most I see is White/Hispanic (both genders), White male/Asian female, and to some extent Black man/White woman. I know in Texas and the Southwest White/Hispanic combos are the norm and was wondering if this is happening all over the country. I know that in Chicago a lot of Hispanics marry Whites as well. I should also mention that I am a white male engaged to a Mexican-American woman I met in college. Is this the future of this country? Here is an interesting article.

http://www.businessinsider.com/geogr...arriage-2014-2
The multi-ethnic intermarriages of Hispanics in the colonies has been happening for centuries. Today, a typical Hispanic is (1) part Spanish European (which in itself is very diverse), (2) North African (Spain's influence in that region), (3) Indigenous American (e.g. Aztec, Mayan) and (4) West African (e.g. ports at Vera Cruz).

The cold reality is that all that intermixing led to a Spanish caste system based on skin-color - the "Casta". Those with more Spanish blood were at the top of the hierarchy:
- Peninsulares (Spaniard born in the "mother" country of Spain)
- Criollos (Spaniard born in the colonies - General Santa Ana, the military architect of the attack on the Alamo, was a criollos)
- Castizo (about 3/4 Spanish and part indigenous with mostly Caucasian appearance - going back to the example of the Alamo the Mexican Officers were more likely to be castizos)
- Mestizo (about 1/2 Spanish and 1/2 indigenous with some African ethnicity) - darker complected Hispanics with more indigneous or African ancestry
- Indios or African - bottom of the caste -usually slaves

So, in the Battle of the Alamo as an example, General Santa Ana was a criollos, the light-skinned officers were castizos, and the "grunts" who carried out most of the attack were mestizos. The Lipan Apaches of Texas who scouted for Sam Houston and the Texans would have been (1) forced into slavery in Mexico or (2) killed outright for a scalp policy of genocide enforced by the Mexican government - 100 pesos for an Apache male scalp, 50 pesos for a female Apache scalp, and 25 pesos for an Apache child. Today, the Lipan Apaches are mostly extinct as a distinct ethnic group with a living language. There are Mexicans of South Texas who are part Lipan Apache due to the history of the area.

In summary, Hispanics are multi-ethnic, but the history of the Spanish "Casta" isn't very inclusive. It has led to an uneven distribution of wealth. The socioeconomic effects of the casta have perpetuated to this day.

Today, in modern America, I have met light-skinned Hispanics who don't want to admit being part indigenous or West African. In marrying a white person, it is called "blanqueamiento" or whitening of the race.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blanqueamiento

To be fair, many modern Hispanics are progressive and don't believe in the "Casta" and its racism. But the sad history is there, and its effects still persist.

Old 04-07-2019, 03:50 PM

5,412 posts, read 7,704,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YesNo12345 View Post
I live in California and man I see so many interracial combos lately with the most I see is White/Hispanic (both genders), White male/Asian female, and to some extent Black man/White woman. I know in Texas and the Southwest White/Hispanic combos are the norm and was wondering if this is happening all over the country. I know that in Chicago a lot of Hispanics marry Whites as well. I should also mention that I am a white male engaged to a Mexican-American woman I met in college. Is this the future of this country? Here is an interesting article.

www.businessinsider.com/geography-of-interracial-marriage-2014-2

Don't forget the very common combo here in Oklahoma evidenced in the the Anglo and Native population.

Both Anglo males and Native women (from most of the Tribes, especially the 5 Civilized) are the most common and I am beginning to see more and more Native men with Anglo women which is great!

Old 04-07-2019, 04:08 PM

1,712 posts, read 1,940,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
The multi-ethnic intermarriages of Hispanics in the colonies has been happening for centuries. Today, a typical Hispanic is (1) part Spanish European (which in itself is very diverse), (2) North African (Spain's influence in that region), (3) Indigenous American (e.g. Aztec, Mayan) and (4) West African (e.g. ports at Vera Cruz).

The cold reality is that all that intermixing led to a Spanish caste system based on skin-color - the "Casta". Those with more Spanish blood were at the top of the hierarchy:
- Peninsulares (Spaniard born in the "mother" country of Spain)
- Criollos (Spaniard born in the colonies - General Santa Ana, the military architect of the attack on the Alamo, was a criollos)
- Castizo (about 3/4 Spanish and part indigenous with mostly Caucasian appearance - going back to the example of the Alamo the Mexican Officers were more likely to be castizos)
- Mestizo (about 1/2 Spanish and 1/2 indigenous with some African ethnicity) - darker complected Hispanics with more indigneous or African ancestry
- Indios or African - bottom of the caste -usually slaves

So, in the Battle of the Alamo as an example, General Santa Ana was a criollos, the light-skinned officers were castizos, and the "grunts" who carried out most of the attack were mestizos. The Lipan Apaches of Texas who scouted for Sam Houston and the Texans would have been (1) forced into slavery in Mexico or (2) killed outright for a scalp policy of genocide enforced by the Mexican government - 100 pesos for an Apache male scalp, 50 pesos for a female Apache scalp, and 25 pesos for an Apache child. Today, the Lipan Apaches are mostly extinct as a distinct ethnic group with a living language. There are Mexicans of South Texas who are part Lipan Apache due to the history of the area.

In summary, Hispanics are multi-ethnic, but the history of the Spanish "Casta" isn't very inclusive. It has led to an uneven distribution of wealth. The socioeconomic effects of the casta have perpetuated to this day.

Today, in modern America, I have met light-skinned Hispanics who don't want to admit being part indigenous or West African. In marrying a white person, it is called "blanqueamiento" or whitening of the race.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blanqueamiento

To be fair, many modern Hispanics are progressive and don't believe in the "Casta" and its racism. But the sad history is there, and its effects still persist.
White Supremacy is sure a lot of work..

Old 04-07-2019, 08:49 PM

5 posts, read 1,710 times
I have to say that lately, I am seeing A LOT more white women mixing it up with minorities than before. Back then it used to be the token black guy with white girl couple but now I see Latinos, Asians, Indians, and Arabs with white women. A lot of the times the girl is a blonde, redhead, and if she is a brunette she is as pale as snow.

It always made me wonder, despite everyone calling the Anglos racist, why I see so many Germanic, Anglo, and Northern European looking white women with minorities but not as much with the tanned skin white women who have dark hair.

Old 04-07-2019, 09:04 PM

5 posts, read 1,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
From my experience, in New York, white male/black female is at least as common, if not maybe slightly more, than the reverse.
Part of it might also have to do with the fact that a lot of "white" people in New York are Italians and Eastern Europeans, two groups who don't take too kindly to their women messing around with minorities. Part of it is because they have more to prove and value their whiteness so mixing it up with a minority is frowned upon even more, granted the guys from these girls will still aggressively poach women of color.

White people in other parts of the country are Anglo or just "American" and while the hostility is still there, it isn't as big of a deal if the guy is likable enough. As far as I have noticed, the Anglo Saxons, Germanics, and Scandinavian Americans are more lenient on white women going interracial. Eastern Europeans are hostile against it and Italian Americans will absolutely resort to violence if they see white women mixing it up interracially.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.