U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-07-2019, 09:46 PM
 
1,712 posts, read 1,939,590 times
Reputation: 2942

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finitestones View Post
Part of it is because they have more to prove and value their whiteness so mixing it up with a minority is frowned upon even more, granted the guys from these girls will still aggressively poach women of color.
Men are very interrsting creatures. Most men, regardless of their race, get upset and jealous when women in their group interacially date.

Its funny because I've seen first-hand how even many black men who openly voice their disinterest in black women get pissed or act funny when they date white guys. Ask any black woman in an IR relationship and most will confirm this to be the case.

Male masculinity is just so weak and fragile..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-10-2019, 12:28 PM
 
Location: Tupelo, Ms
1,030 posts, read 625,717 times
Reputation: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by finitestones View Post
Part of it might also have to do with the fact that a lot of "white" people in New York are Italians and Eastern Europeans, two groups who don't take too kindly to their women messing around with minorities. Part of it is because they have more to prove and value their whiteness so mixing it up with a minority is frowned upon even more, granted the guys from these girls will still aggressively poach women of color.

White people in other parts of the country are Anglo or just "American" and while the hostility is still there, it isn't as big of a deal if the guy is likable enough. As far as I have noticed, the Anglo Saxons, Germanics, and Scandinavian Americans are more lenient on white women going interracial. Eastern Europeans are hostile against it and Italian Americans will absolutely resort to violence if they see white women mixing it up interracially.
I was always curious which white ancestry comes up the most in regards to Black/White pairings. When you say Anglo Saxon is it specifically English? Germans? Or etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2019, 12:38 PM
 
1,504 posts, read 521,183 times
Reputation: 1129
Quote:
Originally Posted by YesNo12345 View Post
I kind of figured the South would not have as many as in the West and Southwest considering it does not really have much diversity, pretty much only Blacks and Whites live there. I am not for or against interracial marriage (to each his own) but in my case I just happened to connect with a girl who happens to be Hispanic and most of my friends (male and female) seem to be dating Hispanics or Asians. I guess California is the opposite of the South as there are not many Blacks here only 6% of the population so I don't see black/white combos as much here.
You mean the South outside of Florida and Texas, which both have large Hispanic populations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2019, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Historic West End
4,216 posts, read 3,583,095 times
Reputation: 4024
Myrtle Beach have a large interracial population. A large number of kids are mixed in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2019, 01:41 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles,CA & Scottsdale, AZ
1,934 posts, read 1,698,330 times
Reputation: 1742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
I was always curious which white ancestry comes up the most in regards to Black/White pairings. When you say Anglo Saxon is it specifically English? Germans? Or etc.
German i'd assume. I'm half German-American/half black. We had a black student union retreat. The the leader of the retreat said "I've noticed a lot of mixed people, raise your hand if you're half white" and like 20 of us raised our hands. He asked the first two what they were mixed with, both said German. He then said okay I'll make it easier, how many of you are half black half German and around 15 of the 20 hands were kept up. This is in Arizona too, not the midwest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2019, 02:42 PM
 
56,511 posts, read 80,803,243 times
Reputation: 12480
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
German i'd assume. I'm half German-American/half black. We had a black student union retreat. The the leader of the retreat said "I've noticed a lot of mixed people, raise your hand if you're half white" and like 20 of us raised our hands. He asked the first two what they were mixed with, both said German. He then said okay I'll make it easier, how many of you are half black half German and around 15 of the 20 hands were kept up. This is in Arizona too, not the midwest.
One word, military. A lot of people may not know this, but let's just say that if you are a black American soldier stationed in Germany, it is known about many of the women there are open to relationships with them. There is even the term "War babies" in regards to this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2019, 02:56 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles,CA & Scottsdale, AZ
1,934 posts, read 1,698,330 times
Reputation: 1742
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
One word, military. A lot of people may not know this, but let's just say that if you are a black American soldier stationed in Germany, it is known about many of the women there are open to relationships with them. There is even the term "War babies" in regards to this.
well, I'm 25 so most of us were not born during the war haha . Sorry, I might have misread the initial comment, I thought OP was asking when it comes to white Americans..which group mixes with black Americans the most. Italian Americans/German Americans/Irish Americans/ect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2019, 03:18 PM
 
Location: Wonderland
44,651 posts, read 36,106,549 times
Reputation: 63182
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
well, I'm 25 so most of us were not born during the war haha . Sorry, I might have misread the initial comment, I thought OP was asking when it comes to white Americans..which group mixes with black Americans the most. Italian Americans/German Americans/Irish Americans/ect.
Which war? My daughter's husband (by the way, he happens to be white and she happens to be biracial, just for the record) is stationed in Germany right now, along with lots of other American GIs and airmen and soldiers and Marines and all that. My exhusband was also stationed over there during the Persian Gulf War. Men and women in our armed forces are often stationed throughout Europe, especially in Germany and the UK and Italy, and they sometimes pick up a husband or wife who is a European local. The Europeans don't seem to have any sort of preference when it comes to black, white, or Hispanic, but who knows, maybe they do have a preference, I don't know. My point is that armed conflicts are still going on, and Americans of every color are still being stationed in Europe (as well as around the world) and are still intermarrying and/or begetting babies wherever they are stationed.

You're 25? Then you were born right in between the Persian Gulf War in 1991 and the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan starting in 2001. I promise you that in between those two armed conflicts there were US troops stationed throughout the world, and they were having sex and making babies with local folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2019, 05:10 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles,CA & Scottsdale, AZ
1,934 posts, read 1,698,330 times
Reputation: 1742
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Which war? My daughter's husband (by the way, he happens to be white and she happens to be biracial, just for the record) is stationed in Germany right now, along with lots of other American GIs and airmen and soldiers and Marines and all that. My exhusband was also stationed over there during the Persian Gulf War. Men and women in our armed forces are often stationed throughout Europe, especially in Germany and the UK and Italy, and they sometimes pick up a husband or wife who is a European local. The Europeans don't seem to have any sort of preference when it comes to black, white, or Hispanic, but who knows, maybe they do have a preference, I don't know. My point is that armed conflicts are still going on, and Americans of every color are still being stationed in Europe (as well as around the world) and are still intermarrying and/or begetting babies wherever they are stationed.

You're 25? Then you were born right in between the Persian Gulf War in 1991 and the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan starting in 2001. I promise you that in between those two armed conflicts there were US troops stationed throughout the world, and they were having sex and making babies with local folks.
94 so yeah lol. Hmm when ppl say "the war" I gulf war doesn't really pop into mind so I didn't think he was talking about that. Yup, I'm aware that American troops are stationed all over Europe. I don't know how it works in Europe, but my comment on interracial mixing was referring to the US specifically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2019, 05:31 PM
 
1,712 posts, read 1,939,590 times
Reputation: 2942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
I was always curious which white ancestry comes up the most in regards to Black/White pairings. When you say Anglo Saxon is it specifically English? Germans? Or etc.
I don't think there's that much of a correlation between the white ethnic groups and IR dating.

In originally from Long Island, NY and the white individuals most likely to be involved were of Italian descent. However, this might just be due to proportions since most whites from that region are of Italian descent anyways. This is pretty fascinating since Italians and Blacks historically have NOT gotten along too well at all! (at least in the NY metro area)

On the flip side, the whites least-likely to be involved were the preppy WASP types.

One thing that I've always noticed was that the white girl involved almost ALWAYS had a racist dad. Something about racist fathers make girls want to interacially date. Maybe it gives them a deep-down desire to prove that parent wrong or maybe its because many kids are naturally rebellious. Who knows?

I've also noticed that a lot of white girls who claimed that they werent "into black guys" ended up with one when I spy on their Facebooks' or hear about it from the grapevine X amount of years later. Its an interesting world lol

Last edited by MemoryMaker; 04-10-2019 at 05:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top