Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 07:39 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalker96 View Post
Texas would make sense since it's such a cosmopoltion state. Houston is considered one of the most diverse city in the country.
I bet Texas probably has a lot of White and Mexican mixing especially the towns closer to the Mexican border.
I live in NE Texas and maybe it just doesn't register, I don't know. I see some Hispanic/non Hispanic pairings though. I am very used to living in a multicultural environment, between living in Texas and having a military family background. The races all seem to get along fine here. No race drama. Which is interesting to me considering how diverse the state is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 04:59 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,353,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Myrtle Beach have a large interracial population. A large number of kids are mixed in the area.
Define "large"

Old 06-11-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finitestones View Post
Part of it might also have to do with the fact that a lot of "white" people in New York are Italians and Eastern Europeans, two groups who don't take too kindly to their women messing around with minorities. Part of it is because they have more to prove and value their whiteness so mixing it up with a minority is frowned upon even more, granted the guys from these girls will still aggressively poach women of color.

White people in other parts of the country are Anglo or just "American" and while the hostility is still there, it isn't as big of a deal if the guy is likable enough. As far as I have noticed, the Anglo Saxons, Germanics, and Scandinavian Americans are more lenient on white women going interracial. Eastern Europeans are hostile against it and Italian Americans will absolutely resort to violence if they see white women mixing it up interracially.
Chicago. midwestern cities except for say Minneapolis are not areas where you will see a lot of interracial couples. I can say the same in Atlanta where I lived for several years.

I am part of an interracial group on FB and a guy from NYC just last month lamented that dating white women in that city was not very noticeable.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:42 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,401,952 times
What's the point of this thread? Nobody cares about interracial marriages. This isn't the middle east. We're America and even in our most conservative parts, we're completely cool with mixed race people.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCrest182 View Post
What's the point of this thread? Nobody cares about interracial marriages. This isn't the middle east. We're America and even in our most conservative parts, we're completely cool with mixed race people.

Really, in our most conservative areas? That's not even true! A mixed couple was just attacked at a bar in Florida last week! Last year in Olympia, WA, a mixed couple was attacked.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:46 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,401,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
Really, in our most conservative areas? That's not even true! A mixed couple was just attacked at a bar in Florida last week! Last year in Olympia, WA, a mixed couple was attacked.
I mean without proper context, how am I supposed to know what the motive is there? Non-mixed race couples get attacked too. And who attacked those couples?

Old 06-12-2019, 02:35 PM

1,109 posts, read 745,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Guy View Post

Be with whoever you wanna be with
Except for a child

Old 06-17-2019, 06:16 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,159,880 times
Mostly white men with Asian ladies out here in Seattle...It's quite common.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:28 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,509,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCrest182 View Post
I mean without proper context, how am I supposed to know what the motive is there? Non-mixed race couples get attacked too. And who attacked those couples?
I agree with this. Mixed marriages and relationships are generally a non-issue anywhere in America today, even in the "most Conservative areas", lol. Pointing to the exception and not the rule as proof that we still have a "problem" doesn't make the point valid. It's very true that the context of the attack has to be known and not have the default reason be that it was automatically because they were a mixed couple. All kinds of people in all combinations are attacked everyday. It's irresponsible to take a particular combination of people, see if that combination fits into a preconceived narrative, then come to an unsubstantiated conclusion. That kind of thinking and emotional response is very damaging to society.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:20 PM

341 posts, read 284,727 times
Has anyone ever seen an Asian dude, black chick couple?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.