U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 01:29 PM

4,649 posts, read 3,613,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nando1984 View Post
Didn't know how else to word it but I will try to explain the ethnic part the best I can. Yes I know it isn't the proper term to use but I had to use some term to differentiate between someone like a Raul Esparza (who isn't the kind of latino I am talking about) compared to a Wilmer Valderrama (who is the kind of latino I am talking about).

I have read statistics that say when white women go interracial they go for latinos more than any other ethnic group but my actual experience shows that it might not actually be as common. When we think of Latino we think of looks, someone with dark hair, dark eyes, and usually a skin tone that ranges from tan to almost olive.

Someone like Wilmer Valderrama for example.

Well here is what I mean by ethnically, we know that someone like Charlie Sheen, Lionel Messi, or Raul Esparza are also latinos by definition even though they look no different than a white person. I used the word ethnically to distinguish between what latino truly means (and we come in all colors) vs what is perceived to be a latino by common americans (someone with a swarthy like appearance).

Though I have known a few white anglo females with hite latino boyfriends and husbands that looked no different from a white person, I notice that it is somewhat uncommon or rare here on the east coast to see an ethnically latino male with the same complexion as say Adam Rodriguez or Wilmer Valderrama with a girlfriend or wife that happens to be a white anglo female.

The reason I am asking is because I am a darker latino male who is in a relationship with a white girl and we are one of the very few couples in our area like this, our life has been made difficult at times because of it.
Who cares? You will find what you're looking for so you should get over this ''issue'' as soon as possible. Way too much analysis here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 02:10 PM

368 posts, read 398,648 times
In general, most of the larger cities in Texas (Houston and San Antonio come to mind) would be accepting. I've known countless couples with a Latino male and Caucasian female. No one seems to bat an eye.

Old 07-04-2014, 02:22 PM

148 posts, read 229,900 times
I sense some MAJOR Psych issues here.

Paranoia, Identity Crisis, Delusion (not many latino-white couples in L.A.)

Sorry buddy, but there's something that needs repair under the hood. Best of Luck.

Old 07-05-2014, 12:52 PM

43 posts, read 45,001 times
I never said there weren't white-latino couples, just that I heard it was mostly white guys with latinas and not the other way around

Old 07-05-2014, 01:26 PM

56,595 posts, read 80,890,793 times
Uncommon to see couples that involve men who are ethnic latino men with white non-latino women? (stats vs experience)

Big cities or areas of the US where it would be common to see ethnically latino males with white girls?

Old 05-09-2015, 08:27 AM

11,456 posts, read 6,581,240 times
I would say it's totally common in NYC/Long Island. I think most of my Latino friends had/have white girlfriends.

Old 05-09-2015, 08:41 AM

61 posts, read 64,580 times
What kind of Hispanic are you?

Have you tried simply moving to South Florida? Specifically if you're Cuban. If you're Mexican or Central American you will do find in SoCal however if you're Puerto Rican or Cuban or have black in you you will experience hatred from Mexicans. I know a Puerto Rican that got beat up for being in a Mexican area.

Old 02-12-2016, 12:36 PM

115 posts, read 73,220 times
See that all the time in Atlanta. But it's not an issue at all. Actually, it's quite common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or