U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 10:40 PM

854 posts, read 1,111,631 times

Advertisements

I had them in LA and didn't think they were that great. I see them as being like White Castle - the appeal is the regionality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 10:42 PM

14,151 posts, read 19,749,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
If the market for fast food was oversaturated, the number of fast-food restaurants would be decreasing. And fast food isn't necessarly terrible for you either. You don't have to eat it every day, and you don't have to "super-size" your meal either. At McDonald's, a double cheeseburger with small fries and a small soft drink has about 700 calories altogether, which is only one third of most people's recommended daily caloric intake.

As for In-N-Out Burger, they're my favorite fast-food restaurant. You can actually taste the quality, especially in the fries, which employees can be seen cutting from fresh potatoes in the back of the kitchen.
If it isn't terrible for you, you could eat it everyday.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:24 PM

1,582 posts, read 4,287,493 times
Don't think they'll head out east, as they have also just ventured into Texas. The distinctive palm trees and bright sunny colors of the brand identity will look somewhat odd in Northern or Eastern locales to me, for some superficial reason.

Next question is, when is Cracker Barrel opening in California?

Old 07-02-2014, 11:45 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,122,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
The distinctive palm trees and bright sunny colors of the brand identity will look somewhat odd in Northern or Eastern locales to me, for some superficial reason.
Agreed.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:47 AM

34,360 posts, read 41,436,735 times
Its just another burger joint that throws a greasy piece of meat on a white bread bun with a large portion of ordinary fries then gets marketing to convince people its something special.
http://go.dallasnews.com/media/img/p...00x800_q85.jpg
Theres easily a dozen different burger joints within a mile of my house,all will say they use the best cuts of meat and the freshest of ingredients and their burger is the best.
In-N-Out burger? much ado about nothing just like the 5 guys burger joint down the street much hype over just another burger.

Last edited by jambo101; 07-03-2014 at 12:57 AM..

Old 07-03-2014, 07:13 AM

5,847 posts, read 11,015,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Theres easily a dozen different burger joints within a mile of my house,all will say they use the best cuts of meat and the freshest of ingredients and their burger is the best.
In-N-Out burger? much ado about nothing just like the 5 guys burger joint down the street much hype over just another burger.
except five guys costs twice as much, and the quality is not as good.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:41 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,345,850 times
I'm surprised they were able to start up in Texas

Old 07-03-2014, 08:42 AM

678 posts, read 691,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardlong View Post
In-N-out is great, but backyard burgers, checkers, and bojangles all located in the southeast exclusively are all better. In-N-Out is top dog on the west coast but would be 2nd or 3rd in the south, if that.

I grew up eating Checkers. I grew up in Wisconsin...

Old 07-03-2014, 08:51 AM

4,988 posts, read 7,304,731 times
I live in FL and go out to California like 3 times a year for work and there seems to be this almost cult-following with In-n-Out..... I of course had to try and to be honest it was just alright.... nothing to write home about..just fast-food type burgers... yeah they were fresh and tasted decent, but no better than Shake Shack or Elevation Burger here in FL.

I was actually kinda disappointed like "this is it? This is what all the hype is about? meh...."

Old 07-03-2014, 09:02 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,395,034 times
I prefer Culver's, but In-N-Out is a good fast food burger. I'd take both of these well before Checkers or Bojangles (a chicken, not a burger joint). Never had Backyard, so I'll defer. Seems a bit more expensive than true fast food, but I'd definitely try it if I saw it. Regardless, In-N-Out is doing quite well under the current model, and I doubt they'll expand rapidly at any point. I don't think they'd be the home run in other regions that CA residents seem to think, as there are other good places that CA folks don't have locally, as well.

You shouldn't eat fast food all the time! Duh! I don't even have any places in my neighborhood beyond a McDonald's about a mile away, so it's a sort of inner child "treat" I indulge in a handful of times a year when I'm on the road somewhere. I know how to cook, and I'm pretty damn good at it. I'm sure many commenting on this thread can also cook and also understand that a constant diet of fast food is bad for you - let's stick to the topic here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.