U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 11:22 AM

18,627 posts, read 27,037,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyFries View Post
I'm surprised they were able to start up in Texas
Not me. Many western chains open up in Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 12:37 PM

18,539 posts, read 19,527,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
I had it in LA once before, burgers were stale and dry. Definitely not missing out on it.
Why don't I believe this.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:31 PM

4,114 posts, read 9,224,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardlong View Post
In-N-out is great, but backyard burgers, checkers, and bojangles all located in the southeast exclusively are all better. In-N-Out is top dog on the west coast but would be 2nd or 3rd in the south, if that.
What? Whaaaaat? Whaaaaaaaat?!

I grew up in the South, and INO puts Bojangles and Checkers to shame. Although I will admit that BY Burgers can be quite good, I'd still rate the quality of INO higher.

The only fast food burger I've had anywhere between Chicago and Florida that can even seriously compete with INO in terms of quality are Culver's (based in Wisconsin but rapidly expanding south) and maybe Ritzy's (a local chain around Evansville, IN/Owensboro, KY). INO is easily the best fast food burger I've ever eaten.

To respond to the OP, I hope to God the company never expands east of Texas. The point is to keep it authentically West Coast (or at least as much as possible at this point), and when I tell some Californians that INO has expanded to Texas, they're shocked. So there...

Old 07-04-2014, 03:36 PM

4,114 posts, read 9,224,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
except five guys costs twice as much, and the quality is not as good.
^ This.

Old 07-04-2014, 05:07 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,121,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
What? Whaaaaat? Whaaaaaaaat?!

I grew up in the South, and INO puts Bojangles and Checkers to shame. Although I will admit that BY Burgers can be quite good, I'd still rate the quality of INO higher.

The only fast food burger I've had anywhere between Chicago and Florida that can even seriously compete with INO in terms of quality are Culver's (based in Wisconsin but rapidly expanding south) and maybe Ritzy's (a local chain around Evansville, IN/Owensboro, KY). INO is easily the best fast food burger I've ever eaten.

To respond to the OP, I hope to God the company never expands east of Texas. The point is to keep it authentically West Coast (or at least as much as possible at this point), and when I tell some Californians that INO has expanded to Texas, they're shocked. So there...
I don't want it expending any further than Texas, either.

Old 07-04-2014, 05:21 PM

5,847 posts, read 11,014,398 times
Culvers is good, but its main competition is Steak and Shake - not In N Out.

(One of the few things I miss about the midwest is steak and shake)

Old 07-04-2014, 10:42 PM

201 posts, read 377,325 times
I too agree that In N Out shouldn't expand to the east coast. I wouldn't want to visit Boston, NYC, or even Miami and see one. I personally think it will De-value it's appeal, and I would feel the same about some like Katz Deli expanding outside of NYC to anywhere else.

In N Out is good compared to many fast food burger joints, but I don't feel it's the best. For sure you're are guaranteed to get a good tasty meal each time you visit and that maybe is what makes it so successful.

Personally I think The Habit burger joint is better, and I just head on the local news they came out on top in a recent survey. I didn't know this but the report said The Habit is only on the west coast. Who ever brought in Five Guys can take it back. They are okay but not worth the money, and both The Habit and In N Out are better tasting and a better value.

Old 07-05-2014, 12:33 AM

34,355 posts, read 41,427,648 times
I cant figure out how hamburger aficionados tell the difference fom one burger to the next as the only thing that might change is the condiments, the meat patty and the sesame seed bun seems to be an industry standard and if the bun with meat patty were all you were given what would make the in n out burger better than a 5 guys burger?

While there is much diversity in burgers, the bun and the meat patty generally remain the same
https://www.google.ca/search?q=list+...=isch&imgdii=_

Old 07-05-2014, 12:40 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,121,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I cant figure out how hamburger aficionados tell the difference fom one burger to the next as the only thing that might change is the condiments, the meat patty and the sesame seed bun seems to be an industry standard and if the bun with meat patty were all you were given what would make the in n out burger better than a 5 guys burger?

While there is much diversity in burgers, the bun and the meat patty generally remain the same
https://www.google.ca/search?q=list+...=isch&imgdii=_
All burgers don't taste the same, obviously. Sure, a patty is a patty, but they're seasoned differently. I've had 5 Guys, and In-N-Out's burger tastes better, in my opinion.

California is a huge burger mecca. There are a variety of types of burgers, and it's almost impossible to find two that taste exactly like each other.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:17 PM

9,519 posts, read 13,433,244 times
And this is why America is the fattest country in the world. Way to go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.