Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 08:13 AM

3,453 posts, read 4,527,042 times

Advertisements

This isn't at all about a company's business practices, it's about food, and In-N-Out is one of the best fast food chains in the country. I'll take Culver's over it, and a few other regionals around the country are near-even, but when I'm on the West Coast it's easily the best choice in terms of QSRs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 10:45 AM

168 posts, read 251,307 times
If you have Five Guys you've already got a better burger place. In-N-Out is only good for it's shakes, the hamburgers are average, the fries aren't bad but not spectacular. It's cheap fast food, but they add their own religious nonsense with every serving, I grew up in SoCal and really In-N-Out is some place I rarely go. I'd pick Sonic or really Taco Bell, before I'd go to In-N-Out.

Old 07-08-2014, 11:49 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,640,148 times
I grew up in California, so I'm not slamming the state by insulting In-N-Out. In-N-Out makes a pretty good burger, but that's about it. The cult of In-N-Out that has sprung up in the past few years is silly. If you live outside of California or Texas and you've never eaten there and you think it's some burger shangrila, you're probably going to be disappointed once you finally eat there. It's "meh" -- better than McD's -- about comparable with Five Guys.

Old 07-08-2014, 02:56 PM

2,963 posts, read 5,450,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrannosaurusZack View Post
If you have Five Guys you've already got a better burger place. In-N-Out is only good for it's shakes, the hamburgers are average, the fries aren't bad but not spectacular. It's cheap fast food, but they add their own religious nonsense with every serving, I grew up in SoCal and really In-N-Out is some place I rarely go. I'd pick Sonic or really Taco Bell, before I'd go to In-N-Out.
My thing is 5 Guys burgers are $3-$4 more. How can it be that for similar quality--taste, ingredients, freshness--In-N-Out can be so much less? One could argue there's an almost double quality difference. I wouldn't.

That's the cult of In-N-Out, old fashioned business and old fashioned value.

Old 07-08-2014, 02:59 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,003,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunjee View Post
My thing is 5 Guys burgers are $3-$4 more. How can it be that for similar quality--taste, ingredients, freshness--In-N-Out can be so much less? One could argue there's an almost double quality difference. I wouldn't.

Exactly

Old 07-08-2014, 05:31 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,559,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunjee View Post

That's what a hamburger is all about.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:02 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,365,111 times
The burgers are solid, price is cheap. Cant beat that, and i think if they decided to move east they need to keep the price low. Fries are average at best though, either limp or crispy if well done and having them animal style doesnt help.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:16 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,239,989 times
Default In-N-Out should expand to the East Coast!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewishtoLA View Post
Is there any reason why IN-N-OUT Burgers cannot expand and open at least few locations on the major cities on the East Coast such as in NYC?

IN-N-OUT is number 1 burger chain restaurant by far, always huge lines, great quality, amazing taste & cheap!
One thing people complain about is that everywhere they go they keep seeing the same chain restaurants and stores. No place is unique anymore, everywhere you see the sameness.

But here you are complaining because a IN-N-OUT has not expanded into every nook and cranny of the nation! Let California and nearby states have a few unique brands like IN-N-OUT, let the Northeast have theirs, the Southeast theirs etc etc etc.

Would make traveling about the country a lot more interesting.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:28 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,003,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
One thing people complain about is that everywhere they go they keep seeing the same chain restaurants and stores. No place is unique anymore, everywhere you see the sameness.

But here you are complaining because a IN-N-OUT has not expanded into every nook and cranny of the nation! Let California and nearby states have a few unique brands like IN-N-OUT, let the Northeast have theirs, the Southeast theirs etc etc etc.

Would make traveling about the country a lot more interesting.
Yep.

We don't have Cracker Barrel, Waffle House, Bob Evans and Steak and Shake Out here. Glad we don't, but I love stopping in at these places on my cross country trips.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:43 PM

6,376 posts, read 5,489,331 times
I tried In-N-Out when visiting California. I have lived on the east coast my whole life. In-N-Out is good; but it wouldn't stand out. Most eastern cities have local and regional chains and mom and pop burger joints that blow In-N-Out ...out of the water....CookOut in NC is just one example.

Red Robin has expanded to the east coast for about 10 years now and it's fine; but nothing special. The only people who tend get hyped up about it are transplants from out west.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.