Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2014, 10:29 AM

104 posts, read 312,819 times

Advertisements

Hey All

Not to long ago I put up a post needing information about the an area in New Jersey. While I got some help most did not have the answers to my questions. I was looking for tons of information like how safe is the area, what kind of shops and malls are close by, what apartment complexes are in the area, and so on.

So I am wondering if someone wanted to get all that information about a certain city in a certain state what is the best way to go about it?. Is there a place you can recommend on the internet that can give me all those answers or someone you recommend I call in the township at city hall who can give me information like that? My wife and I need to evaluate the place and need all the info we can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2014, 11:58 AM

71 posts, read 99,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duvdar View Post
Hey All

Not to long ago I put up a post needing information about the an area in New Jersey. While I got some help most did not have the answers to my questions. I was looking for tons of information like how safe is the area, what kind of shops and malls are close by, what apartment complexes are in the area, and so on.

So I am wondering if someone wanted to get all that information about a certain city in a certain state what is the best way to go about it?. Is there a place you can recommend on the internet that can give me all those answers or someone you recommend I call in the township at city hall who can give me information like that? My wife and I need to evaluate the place and need all the info we can get.
You can go to the city's Chamber of Commerce website, or the city government website, or the city Visitors / tourism website and they'll have a bunch of stuff. I doubt they will talk about apartment complexes, for that you should go to Apartmentfinder.com or apartments.com, and others and search there.

Old 07-06-2014, 08:15 PM

104 posts, read 312,819 times
Thank you I will check all this out for sure!

Old 07-06-2014, 08:57 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
As far as shops, malls etc. try using the google maps 'search nearby' function. Pull up your city/neighborhood of choice and either type in a specific name like 'walmart' or more generic like 'pizza' and check the results. A lot of cities also have crime maps available like so http://spotcrime.com/tn/memphis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.