U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-28-2014, 09:52 AM
 
Location: East Coast of the United States
17,247 posts, read 19,545,740 times
Reputation: 13002

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
So even if DC was Northern it would be iffy if it was EASTERN at all it would land between Syracuse and Rochester.
Um, no. People in the Washington DC area typically head to the ocean beaches in Maryland, Delaware or Virginia every summer.

This is the East Coast alright (in every way that matters anyway).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-28-2014, 10:23 AM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,266 posts, read 26,242,183 times
Reputation: 11726
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Um, no. People in the Washington DC area typically head to the ocean beaches in Maryland, Delaware or Virginia every summer.
And the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2014, 10:29 AM
 
Location: East Coast of the United States
17,247 posts, read 19,545,740 times
Reputation: 13002
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
And the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
Some go there too. It seems the typical thing is for people to head where the water is warmer. That's why you'll see lots of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York license plates in Ocean City, Maryland and Rehoboth Beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2014, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,266 posts, read 26,242,183 times
Reputation: 11726
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Some go there too. It seems the typical thing is for people to head where the water is warmer. That's why you'll see lots of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York license plates in Ocean City, Maryland and Rehoboth Beach.
And in Myrtle Beach, SC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2014, 10:43 AM
Status: "Retired" (set 29 days ago)
 
620 posts, read 687,505 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Some go there too. It seems the typical thing is for people to head where the water is warmer. That's why you'll see lots of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York license plates in Ocean City, Maryland and Rehoboth Beach.
Ocean City, MD and Rehoboth Beach, DE looks like the expanded part of the Jersey Shore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2014, 01:00 PM
 
32,079 posts, read 32,980,395 times
Reputation: 14950
Pennsylvania and all the states directly north and east of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2014, 04:59 PM
Status: "Retired" (set 29 days ago)
 
620 posts, read 687,505 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Pennsylvania and all the states directly north and east of it.
Maryland and all the states directly north and east of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2014, 08:08 AM
 
Location: On the Great South Bay
7,136 posts, read 9,907,336 times
Reputation: 6423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Pennsylvania and all the states directly north and east of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppethammer26 View Post
Maryland and all the states directly north and east of it.
Interestingly enough both descriptions include Delaware. Since Delaware is north and east of a small part of Pennsylvania and of course Delaware is north and east of a good part of Maryland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2014, 01:31 PM
Status: "Retired" (set 29 days ago)
 
620 posts, read 687,505 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Interestingly enough both descriptions include Delaware. Since Delaware is north and east of a small part of Pennsylvania and of course Delaware is north and east of a good part of Maryland.
The Delaware/Pennsylvania border is only 25 miles from Philadelphia PA. I found that Delaware is very similar to New Jersey physically (both have urban areas in the north, have state capitals in the middle, and have forests, farms and beaches in the south, sandwiched between two metropolitan areas (New York/Philadelphia for NJ, Philadelphia/Baltimore/Washington for DE), both used to be part of another state (NJ was part of NY, DE was part of PA)).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2014, 03:08 PM
 
Location: Jersey City
6,488 posts, read 16,157,019 times
Reputation: 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppethammer26 View Post
I found that Delaware is very similar to New Jersey physically (both have urban areas in the north, have state capitals in the middle, and have forests, farms and beaches in the south, sandwiched between two metropolitan areas (New York/Philadelphia for NJ, Philadelphia/Baltimore/Washington for DE), both used to be part of another state (NJ was part of NY, DE was part of PA)).
Kinda like Virginia too, except for the part about once being part of another state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top