U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2014, 12:14 PM

8,016 posts, read 9,487,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kensington View Post
Will someone start a thread entitled "Do you consider Staten Island part of New Jersey?"

I hope not, because staten island is the entry point to the ny harbor. Too bad
some people don't see the strategic significance of the island to nyc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 06:08 PM

620 posts, read 687,803 times
The Northeastern Coast of the US is anything from Lubec, ME to False Cape State Park, VA. This includes the Cape Cod, the Long Island, the New Jersey and the Delmarva peninsulas.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:43 PM

3,584 posts, read 2,504,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppethammer26 View Post
The Northeastern Coast of the US is anything from Lubec, ME to False Cape State Park, VA. This includes the Cape Cod, the Long Island, the New Jersey and the Delmarva peninsulas.
No.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:59 PM

7,137 posts, read 9,911,493 times
Quote:
Nope.

About Virginia
"The Commonwealth of Virginia is located in the South Atlantic region of the United States". Right from the official website of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Run for office. Become Governor of Virginia. Then you can debate, lecture and change where Virginians think they are. Till then, nada.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:13 PM

620 posts, read 687,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Nope.

About Virginia
"The Commonwealth of Virginia is located in the South Atlantic region of the United States". Right from the official website of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Run for office. Become Governor of Virginia. Then you can debate, lecture and change where Virginians think they are. Till then, nada.
I think Virginia fits better in the Northeast today since Virginia ranks are similar to other northeastern states and Virginia would be a perfect addition to the 12 state Northeastern region.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:28 PM

6,489 posts, read 16,161,688 times
Quote:
I think Virginia fits better in the Northeast today since Virginia ranks are similar to other northeastern states and Virginia would be a perfect addition to the 12 state Northeastern region.
No

Old 10-01-2014, 07:17 AM

118 posts, read 149,304 times
Default Lol

depends who you ask. southerners think NY and NJ is in new england. they also blame new england for the horrible living situation in NJ and the Hudson River Valley and NYC areas of NY.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:19 AM

118 posts, read 149,304 times
Default Agree

Quote:
I am going to give you props. Virginia is indeed rising in the ranks similar to the northeast states which on average are always far and above any southern state in terms of education, health, and crime...as for the rest of the state here in the south, i dont think they want anything to do with getting better because they don't want to live in a nanny state...they rather have bad schools and high obesity rates...

Old 10-01-2014, 07:24 AM

28,266 posts, read 26,252,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Nope.

About Virginia

Delaware, Maryland, DC and West Virginia are also in the South Atlantic region.

South Atlantic States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-01-2014, 07:58 AM

3,584 posts, read 2,504,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypicalSituation77 View Post
depends who you ask. southerners think NY and NJ is in new england. they also blame new england for the horrible living situation in NJ and the Hudson River Valley and NYC areas of NY.
K, except they'd be wrong. New England is New England and the Northeast is the Northeast.

New England's states do not change, they are static.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or