U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2014, 11:34 PM

89 posts, read 100,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diff1 View Post
St. Louisan/nstl i see that you are at it again lol
Are you talking to me? If so, address me by my username, not by these other users who I have no idea of. If you're not referring to me, my mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 02:18 AM

582 posts, read 778,164 times
This is still going on?
I don't know why I bother with these discussions anymore. People have all sorts of completely ridiculous ideas about what MD is or isn't, and the most adamant supporters of either side are usually the most ill-informed of all.

Last edited by Tezcatlipoca; 10-21-2014 at 02:30 AM..

Old 10-21-2014, 08:20 AM

7,141 posts, read 9,925,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
This is still going on?
I don't know why I bother with these discussions anymore. People have all sorts of completely ridiculous ideas about what MD is or isn't, and the most adamant supporters of either side are usually the most ill-informed of all.
It is amazing lol.

You live in Italy? Italy is in Southern Europe. But according to some people on this thread, if enough people from Northern Europe move to Italy, then Italy is now considered part of Northern Europe! But if that seems to be too strange, then people would just call Italy Mid-Mediterranean!

Old 10-21-2014, 09:01 AM

3,584 posts, read 2,508,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
It is amazing lol.

You live in Italy? Italy is in Southern Europe. But according to some people on this thread, if enough people from Northern Europe move to Italy, then Italy is now considered part of Northern Europe! But if that seems to be too strange, then people would just call Italy Mid-Mediterranean!
This is exactly what I've been saying.

The south is the south no matter how many changes to culture, people, buildings, accent etc etc etc. Virginia, North Carolina, and West Virginia will NEVER be the north in the same way California, Nevada, Washington, and Oregon will NEVER be the East.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:14 AM

556 posts, read 633,652 times
146 pages on which states you consider to be northeastern. Good job, guys.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:27 AM

867 posts, read 1,090,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
This is exactly what I've been saying.

The south is the south no matter how many changes to culture, people, buildings, accent etc etc etc. Virginia, North Carolina, and West Virginia will NEVER be the north in the same way California, Nevada, Washington, and Oregon will NEVER be the East.
Phew, Yall been arguing over Maryland for the majority of this thread not Virginia. Don't bch out now, say "MARYLAND will never"...say "DELAWARE will never"...leave VA out of that.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757Cities Southsider View Post
Phew, Yall been arguing over Maryland for the majority of this thread not Virginia. Don't bch out now, say "MARYLAND will never"...say "DELAWARE will never"...leave VA out of that.
lmao they were examples.

The history of Maryland screams too much that it is a southern state. You all can say that has a lot of northern culture, but it really still is in the end a "southern" state or at the very least, NOT a northern state. Yes I am beginning and ending with history on this matter because I do not believe that "regions" move based on the people that are in said region over time unless written or voted on (such as state borders being adjusted).

It's the same reason I would never accept Florida as a northern state or California as an Eastern state.

On the subject of cultures however, they DO move around (duh). Accents do change (duh again) so on and so forth.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:51 AM

8,016 posts, read 9,500,645 times
somebody explain why some people in Maryland have southern accents.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
somebody explain why some people in Maryland have southern accents.
Doesn't matter, irrelevant.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:33 AM

8,016 posts, read 9,500,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Doesn't matter, irrelevant.
are you flip flopping or what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or