U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 02:13 AM

646 posts, read 464,526 times

Advertisements

There are 4 states that whites are the minority.California,New Mexico,Hawaii,and Texas.There ae several states on the brink,Maryland,Georgia,Arizona are under 60% white.I just don't see the need for affirmitive action any longer.Minorities get grants to college,it is hard to fathom how they can't make it with a little hard work.Shoot they can be president.It is only a matter of time before whites are the minority period.I think it is the white man's duty to embrace his culture and heritage.I'm telling you white america better wake up

Old 06-19-2009, 02:14 AM

709 posts, read 1,163,297 times
Quote:
When I think of White people, I think of Utah, Northern New England, the Dakotas and Idaho. I don't want to live in any of those places.
When I think of Black people, I think of Compton, Detroit, New Orleans, St. Louis, etc. I don't want to live in any of those places.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:35 AM

13,856 posts, read 13,772,811 times
Maybe you both could stop thinking of white people and black people based on goofy stereotypes.

The Dakotas have plenty of American Indians and T. S. Eliot was from St. Louis. You can't get much whiter than T. S. Eliot, his ancestors were Boston Brahmins and he spent much of his life as an English Tory type.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:08 AM

365 posts, read 739,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTakeOnIt View Post
Blacks have not had their identity ripped off of them. They clearly identify themselves as African Americans. And slavery is hardly exclusively a black phenomena. In fact the word "slavery" comes from the word "Slav". I'm a mutt from Europe but some of my ancestors were displaced due to Communism and invasions so we can only go back so far on our ancestry. I merely said that if a White person wants to affiliate with a group that looks out for their interests they have the right to do that. There are certainly lots of groups for other racial/cultural groups. And who suffered the most is questionable. Stalin murdered over 20 million White Christians. I'd say in the scheme of things, that's pretty significant. I"d like to see where the reparations, dinners, museums, memorials, organizations are for the relatives of that holocaust. They don't exist because it is not acknowledged. We enslaved and were enslaved. Just like every other race and culture. No one is immune from that including blacks who still enslave each other today.

Psst! Stalin did all his dirty work in the former USSR, not the USA!
If youre looking for an apology, it might make sense to start over there...
If people were wronged in the good ol'USA, and they get together and do something about it, then I don't really see a problem with it.
For example; Join a Ukrainian association, organize, lobby and educate, and maybe you'll get something too!
Where I live, there's a small but well organized Ukrainian community with their own churches, charities and credit union.
What's your excuse? Or you too busy playing "I'm a white man, everybody hates me, boo-hoo!"

Old 06-19-2009, 08:16 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $84,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

14,575 posts, read 21,259,011 times
We've got two threads like this on the front page of General US now. One's enough. Please discuss this topic in the other thread.

is there a 98 % white caucasian city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.