Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 08:26 PM

19 posts, read 20,528 times

Advertisements

what are some open minded cities which have a reasonable cost of living in your opinion?

Last edited by JMT; 07-22-2014 at 08:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 08:34 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,285,643 times
New Orleans, Lafayette, Charleston, Savannah, Charlotte, Raleigh, Nashville, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, etc.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:00 PM

93,197 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_HappyLover View Post
what are some open minded cities which have a reasonable cost of living in your opinion?
What else are you looking for in a community?

Old 08-15-2016, 05:50 AM

12,807 posts, read 9,532,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_HappyLover View Post
Oh no I am not going back to Toronto, something tells me Canadians are a lot less accepting of interracial relationships that involve white women with men of my background. There is a reason you never see the Punjabis in Toronto with white girlfriends and wives, and I mean never.
I find this very hard to believe.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:30 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,420,786 times
Cleveland would be a great choice, if you're looking for relatively low housing prices but generally competitive salaries, especially in eastern suburbs with many interracial couples, such as Cleveland Hts. Check out the Cleveland forum for more information.

I'm somewhat amazed that Isaiah Crowell hasn't been run out of the city, and I personally would guess that he would have faced a much different outcome in many U.S. cities, including Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.

Browns' Isaiah Crowell to apologize for post of police officer getting throat slashed | cleveland.com

It will be interesting to see what reception he receives when he plays his first game in Cleveland.

Old 08-15-2016, 03:00 PM

1,907 posts, read 3,227,149 times
Dallas, TX. I work at a local mall here on the side and I tell you. All of the races are here! Tons of interracial couples everyday and most folks don't give it a second look. And beautiful people too. especially in the northern burbs with all the corporate relocations and the mid cities in-between Dallas and Ft. Worth. I met a guy yesterday from Jordan, I have friends who are Lebanese and Pakistani, Nigerian, Jamaican, hipsters and urban. Give it a look.

Atlanta also you would probably be fine. Also Miami.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:09 AM

1,778 posts, read 2,883,210 times
I believe many places are now accepting of interracial couples. In Colorado Springs, many of our neighbors include partners/spouses are of mixed race.

I'm white and my wife is Korean. We've traveled extensively around the country, on road trips, and have never recalled an issue. If anything people have commented that we make a "cute couple" (obviously they're being extremely kind to me!).

Despite this being a rough couple of years with race relations, some things have gotten better. Who would have thought even 10 years ago that Salt Lake City of all places would have a Democrat, female, lesbian mayor?

Rural areas can be different. However, if you live in city of any real size it becomes a non-issue for most.

Last edited by Kar54; 08-18-2016 at 09:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.