U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-08-2014, 01:09 PM
 
3,147 posts, read 2,960,306 times
Reputation: 1858

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Pretty much.

The percentage of people from around the globe who’d characterize the Great Lakes as “more special” than the Grand Canyon would barely exceed the margin of error. And many of them would be truly “special” And when a disproportionate amount of that same group also claims to prefer the Great Smokey Mountains to the Redwoods, the Appalachians to the Rockies, the Everglades to Yellowstone, to Niagara to Yosemite, or the Outer Banks to Big Sur, it becomes more than suspect.
LOL!... You can't read either?

I NEVER SAID THEY WERE MORE POPULAR, I SAID THEY ARE FAR MORE UNIQUE BASED ON ACTUAL STATISTICS.

I love how you guys just make up claims and attach them to other posters so that you can argue with the false position. I never said it wasn't popular...

The FACT remains, the Grand Canyon's size is far from unique. (Which is the claim I actually made.)

 
Old 08-08-2014, 01:10 PM
 
Location: Milwaukee
3,451 posts, read 3,431,565 times
Reputation: 2896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
LOL! You are embarassing yourself.

Let me bold this so maybe you actually read it:

I NEVER SAID THAT IT WASN'T POPULAR ENOUGH TO BE PUT ON LISTS. I SAID IT'S SIZE IS FAR FROM UNIQUE AND I PROVED IT WITH HARD NUMBERS.

I love how you guys just make up claims and attach them to other posters so that you can argue with the false position. I never said it wasn't popular...
The more you know you're wrong, the more CAPS and BOLDED CAPS WE WILL SEE FROM YOU and don't forget
 
Old 08-08-2014, 01:10 PM
 
Location: LBC
4,155 posts, read 4,513,732 times
Reputation: 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
LOL!... You can't read either?

I NEVER SAID THEY WERE MORE POPULAR, I SAID THEY ARE FAR MORE UNIQUE BASED ON ACTUAL STATISTICS.
Seek help.
 
Old 08-08-2014, 01:11 PM
 
Location: Milwaukee
3,451 posts, read 3,431,565 times
Reputation: 2896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
LOL!... You can't read either?

I NEVER SAID THEY WERE MORE POPULAR, I SAID THEY ARE FAR MORE UNIQUE BASED ON ACTUAL STATISTICS.

I love how you guys just make up claims and attach them to other posters so that you can argue with the false position. I never said it wasn't popular...

The FACT remains, the Grand Canyon's size is far from unique. (Which is the claim I actually made.)
RIGHT, LIKE THESE BOLDED CAPS AS WELL AND DON'T FORGET MULTI-EMOTICONS
 
Old 08-08-2014, 01:12 PM
 
3,147 posts, read 2,960,306 times
Reputation: 1858
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
The more you know you're wrong, the more CAPS and BOLDED CAPS WE WILL SEE FROM YOU and don't forget
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Seek help.
LOL! Seek an education, preferably in reading comprehension.

Ok, prove what I actually said is wrong. Go ahead, prove the Grand Canyon is unique in it's size...


You can't even read, and you attempt to judge others.... I'm waiting....

(You can also quote where I said the Great Lakes are more recognized or popular... but since I didn't and you guys are freaking out over something that was never said....)
 
Old 08-08-2014, 01:16 PM
 
3,147 posts, read 2,960,306 times
Reputation: 1858
It is pathetic and dishonest to make up a claim, attach it to someone who never said it, and argue against it.

All the while ignoring the claim that is actually made....
 
Old 08-08-2014, 01:19 PM
 
Location: LBC
4,155 posts, read 4,513,732 times
Reputation: 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
LOL!

Ok, prove what I actually said is wrong. Go ahead, prove the Grand Canyon is unique in it's size...


You can't even read, and you attempt to judge others....
Nobody is judging you. However, there may be hearing on capacity.

For all your emboldened captitalization and emoticons, none of it has anything to do with either being "more beautiful", per the thread's title.
 
Old 08-08-2014, 01:23 PM
 
3,147 posts, read 2,960,306 times
Reputation: 1858
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Nobody is judging you. However, there may be hearing on capacity.

For all your emboldened captitalization and emoticons, none of it has anything to do with either being "more beautiful", per the thread's title.
So you can't prove what I actually said is wrong?



Lol, you really don't get context at all do you?

Somebody said there was nothing like the Grand Canyon in the world, I proved him wrong.... you somehow read it as "the Great Lakes are more popular than the Grand Canyon".

Seriously, go back and look.
 
Old 08-08-2014, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Milwaukee
3,451 posts, read 3,431,565 times
Reputation: 2896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
So you can't prove what I actually said is wrong?



Lol, you really don't get context at all do you?

Somebody said there was nothing like the Grand Canyon in the world, I proved him wrong.... you somehow read it as "the Great Lakes are more popular than the Grand Canyon".

Seriously, go back and look.
Considering the Grand Canyon is ONE OF the 7 WONDERS of the WORLD on pretty much every list on the internet and the Great LAKES are not, I would say that EMPIRICAL evidence points to THE GRAND Canyon being, if NOT MORE unique, at LEAST more SCENIC to the general PUBLIC, as would ALL REASONABLE people.
 
Old 08-08-2014, 01:35 PM
 
3,147 posts, read 2,960,306 times
Reputation: 1858
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Considering the Grand Canyon is ONE OF the 7 WONDERS of the WORLD on pretty much every list on the internet and the Great LAKES are not, I would say that EMPIRICAL evidence points to THE GRAND Canyon being, if NOT MORE unique, at LEAST more SCENIC to the general PUBLIC, as would ALL REASONABLE people.
LoL. I never made a claim about the lakes being more scenic... learn to read.

I said that its size is not unique but the size of the Great Lakes is unique.

Again, learn to read. You are addressing a point that I never made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:24 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top