U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-25-2014, 12:50 PM
 
3,147 posts, read 2,942,274 times
Reputation: 1858

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I disagree, because a farm is manmade, and is therefore an eye sore. At least mountains are untouched natural beauty. Nothing turns me off more than seeing farm land. I mean, it's not that bad, but still. It's cultivated land.
Yeah, anything touched by humans is an eyesore...

 
Old 07-25-2014, 12:51 PM
 
Location: East Coast of the United States
17,259 posts, read 19,555,335 times
Reputation: 13033
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I disagree, because a farm is manmade, and is therefore an eye sore.
Wow, that's the first time I've heard that opinion in my life. I thought everyone at least liked the look of farms. :-)
 
Old 07-25-2014, 12:54 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,638 posts, read 27,069,277 times
Reputation: 9580
I love mountains. The west IMO does look better but I don't think its a runaway. I like the dense vegetation and greenery of the west. I also love the super cell storms and warm water of the east. Also i am starting to tolerate humidity with each passing year. I don't mind dry heat though but if it's above 95, it starts not to matter that the humidity is low. That said, the western mountains look better than the eastern mountains.
 
Old 07-25-2014, 03:22 PM
 
12,698 posts, read 10,514,849 times
Reputation: 17606
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I disagree, because a farm is manmade, and is therefore an eye sore. At least mountains are untouched natural beauty. Nothing turns me off more than seeing farm land. I mean, it's not that bad, but still. It's cultivated land.
The farms themselves may be man-made, but the flat land they're (usually) built on is not.

Some people like the look of flat land, even rollings hills.
 
Old 07-25-2014, 04:47 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia
5,302 posts, read 8,100,268 times
Reputation: 2136
Rolling hills are beautiful indeed. But, they are not flat land.
 
Old 07-25-2014, 04:51 PM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL
11,145 posts, read 14,129,269 times
Reputation: 7075
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Wow, that's the first time I've heard that opinion in my life. I thought everyone at least liked the look of farms. :-)
Nope, not me. Farms just look boring and tree-less and the land looks ruined by man. I'd rather see natural surface on the ground (i.e. trees, shrubs, dirt, whatever) than crops that someone planted. Farms are manmade property, which is a turn off to me. I'd rather see untouched land.
 
Old 07-26-2014, 11:45 AM
 
Location: San Jose, CA
78 posts, read 113,628 times
Reputation: 155
East has West beat on overall greenery, bucolic towns, and autumn foliage -- but West is superior in everything else. The overall weather, mountains, coastline, deserts, plains, primeval forests.
 
Old 07-26-2014, 12:00 PM
 
749 posts, read 753,227 times
Reputation: 587
Default New York State

has glorious and beautiful mountains in the Castkills, and the Adirondack areas. Very, very verdant......
 
Old 07-26-2014, 12:33 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
2,619 posts, read 2,935,629 times
Reputation: 4019
I'm going to have to say the west. I'm partial to the East coast but come on...those coastal Oregon/Washington misty mountains and CA's Big Sur....breathtaking. The east coast has some beautiful places of course - The Blue Ridge Parkway, Shenandoah Valley, cities like Blue Ridge GA, Gatlinburg TN, Boone NC, etc. But damn that WC. It's very hard to compare, though...
 
Old 07-26-2014, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia
5,302 posts, read 8,100,268 times
Reputation: 2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by hittheroadjack View Post
has glorious and beautiful mountains in the Castkills, and the Adirondack areas. Very, very verdant......
Nobody is desputing that those places are pretty, as are other spots out East...but the mountains in the West are much more majestic, especially places like Hawaii, Northern California, Washington, Oregon and Colorado.

New Mexico is also a very gorgeous state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top