Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 10:40 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,794,475 times

Advertisements

I'm an Angeleno, and while I'd love the actual city of Los Angeles, I wouldn't leave the county of Los Angeles. I want to live in Burbank, and that's only maybe twenty minutes away from the city. I wouldn't really be going anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 11:14 AM

451 posts, read 562,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
I'm an Angeleno, and while I'd love the actual city of Los Angeles, I wouldn't leave the county of Los Angeles. I want to live in Burbank, and that's only maybe twenty minutes away from the city. I wouldn't really be going anywhere.
Same here. Native Angeleno. Have lived in other parts of the country briefly and for longer periods of time. Now that I'm back I don't want to ever move away from LA. Would consider other parts of the county that are within the LA Metro, Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, Santa Monica, etc., but nothing outside (like Palmdale, Lancaster, etc). Would consider living abroad later in my life, but ultimately I would want to end up back in LA . For me, this is the best part of the country to live in and want my future kids to grow up here.

Last edited by latino_esq; 07-25-2014 at 11:16 AM.. Reason: Editing

Old 07-25-2014, 01:07 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,007,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
What was it that you didn't like about Missouri?
I missed the mountains, the oceans, the general scenery.
I missed the diversity of the Californian population. The variety of food that was available. The variety of activites. 300+ days of awesome weather.
Health Conscious people
I missed being able to go into a bar, club or restaurant and not smell cigarettes.
I missed honesty and sincere friendliness.

I have the same attitude to NY (except that weather thing...)

Missouri didn't offer anything that I value.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:38 PM

178 posts, read 175,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petroglyphin View Post
...left the midwest (Chicago) 7 years ago and have never looked back.
Where to if I may ask? What made you move?

Old 07-25-2014, 02:19 PM

555 posts, read 862,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownsFinest View Post
Where to if I may ask? What made you move?
Texas and now Arizona. The biggest reasons were cost of living followed by the weather. Also, I do photography 'on the side'. Phoenix/Scottsdale is the perfect base for some amazing photo trips.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:45 PM

178 posts, read 175,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petroglyphin View Post
Texas and now Arizona. The biggest reasons were cost of living followed by the weather. Also, I do photography 'on the side'. Phoenix/Scottsdale is the perfect base for some amazing photo trips.
Nice the grand canyon is stunning to photograph, hey now you can watch the cubs or Sox in Scottsdale! Preferably the later hahaha

Old 07-25-2014, 03:52 PM

555 posts, read 862,099 times
There are a thousand places other than the grand canyon id prefer to photograph in the southwest, but yes...it is pretty impressive.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:43 PM

308 posts, read 506,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmcgrath View Post
Moved from Birmingham, Alabama to Baton Rouge, LA this past December to escape the rednecks...and ended up in a place with horrible weather and horrible crime. I'm planning another move by next spring with my husband. I'm hoping to move to either Portland or Seattle suburbs, or perhaps somewhere in the northeast. I want 4 seasons....in the South it goes from 90-100 in the summers to a "cool" 60 for most of the winters
If you're trying to escape rednecks then make sure you stick to the coastal NE cities. Upstate NY is filled with rednecks.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:48 PM

172 posts, read 255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecakecake View Post
If you're trying to escape rednecks then make sure you stick to the coastal NE cities. Upstate NY is filled with rednecks.
Hmm, thats a random place for rednecks but good to know

Old 08-01-2014, 02:31 PM

978 posts, read 1,088,549 times
my dream is to learn Japanese and move to japan. im tired of Oregon and everyone driving cars here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.