U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 02:38 PM

35,108 posts, read 40,257,322 times

Advertisements

We live in the country without close neighbors, little traffic and I can see the stars any time they are out and there is no cloud cover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 02:44 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,751,951 times
As much as I complain about the COL, politics, rules for everything and lots of other problems here in southern California, I still find it hard to leave. Ive been cross country several times, been to 27 states and spent plenty of time away from home. Its hard to beat. The weather here in Orange County, CA is near perfect most the year, we have amazing beaches, great restaurants and nightlife and its a short drive to anything you could ever want. Deserts, mountains, lakes, rivers, countryside...its all here.

Old 07-27-2014, 02:46 PM

13,358 posts, read 7,029,060 times
The slower pace of life. The scenery: the farms and open country around here are a pleasant sight. The fact that we have four seasons, and accumulating snow can be expected every winter (certainly not true in most of the inhabited places of the world). There are many attractions within a short driving distance, such as the mountains and the shore. Philadelphia is not that far away, and for that matter, neither is New York. But none of the problems either of those two cities are present here. We may have a dearth of amenities here (at least according to some) but we have everything I need. We even have a rodeo: I'd rather spend a night there than at any attraction the city offers.

Old 07-27-2014, 02:56 PM

8,571 posts, read 5,386,531 times
Sumter,sc. The weather, coast of living, laidback lifestyle, friendly people, the food, short drive to myrtle beach. Also nearby l95 make easy access to places north and south of here.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:49 PM

912 posts, read 858,576 times
central NJ.... 30 minutes to the beach. about an hour to the mountains. 90 minutes into NYC, 45 minutes into Philadephia.

Farms within 15 minutes of my house.

Snow in the winter, a GORGEOUS autumn, and warm enough in the summer to swim in the Atlantic.

Won't even consider moving...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or