U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 03:16 PM
Status: "Come to Texas. We still have plastic straws!" (set 1 day ago)

47,037 posts, read 37,156,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJayCB View Post
When do you believe ALL the southern states will remove their bans on gay marriage? Virginia, The Carolina's, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, etc.
Hopefully not in my lifetime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 03:21 PM

3,147 posts, read 2,949,277 times
LOL! I love the bigots coming in here, and instead of actually answering the question the OP asked.... they say "I wish it wouldn't happen", ha ha!

I promise you gays and lesbians, most of us straight people can read and understand a question, AND give an actual answer to the question asked. Don't let these people fool you.

To the anti-freedom crowd, the question wasn't whether or not you hope it happens in a certain time-frame, it is WHAT time-frame you think it will happen in... (And that English lesson is free!)

Old 07-31-2014, 03:28 PM

13,428 posts, read 17,016,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
If you take the bible literally it never actually says "homosexual relationships are an abomination" IT DOES actually say that eating shrimp is an abomination.....

I am not gay, and I do not consider myself Christian, but I say more power to you man! Don't let people with bigoted views change your religious beliefs.
Don't worry. They only reinforce them and make me stronger!

Old 07-31-2014, 04:00 PM

3,976 posts, read 3,514,725 times
Most Christians are good natured humans who don't care about the gays being the gays. It is always the loudest people on the fringe who give the bad name. That goes both ways. It is unfortunate that the polarizing uninformed tone of the few, can so easily control the opinions of the many. While the vast moderates stay silent.

Old 07-31-2014, 04:28 PM

136 posts, read 199,500 times
I always get a good laugh when atheists try to bring up old testament doctrines and call me a hypocrite for now following them. Talk to a jew buddy, I am not subject to the old covenant, rather, the new.. Homosexuality is condemned in both the new and old.

Never claimed to be sinless. But I believe every word of the bible. Every last one, as definitive truth. I don't always follow everything I believe, so yeah, in that regard, I'm a hypocrite. The difference is that I know the difference between right and wrong. Simply because I have a tenancy to do something, doesn't mean I try to justify it.

Saying you're a christian but have no problem with homosexuality is like saying, 'I'm a christian, but I don't really believe the written word of God. It's old and no longer relevant to me".

Old 07-31-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
Most Christians are good natured humans who don't care about the gays being the gays. It is always the loudest people on the fringe who give the bad name. That goes both ways. It is unfortunate that the polarizing uninformed tone of the few, can so easily control the opinions of the many. While the vast moderates stay silent.
Good laugh here too.

Take a poll of just about any church and see how many of their churchgoers support gay marriage. Then come back here and tell me how that went. I have no problem whatsoever with homosexuals, I have a problem with homosexuality and those who embrace the lifestyle like it's morally correct. Contrary to what the media likes to think, I don't hate homosexuals in the slightest degree nor do I have any problem befriending them and letting them into my church. I just don't condone their lifestyle. Period. End of story.

Old 07-31-2014, 04:45 PM

3,147 posts, read 2,949,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Gent View Post
I always get a good laugh when

Good laugh here too.
Derpity doo. Wasn't it you that said this?

Quote:
Notice I have not laughed at you or belittled your position once throughout this debate.
LOL!

Quote:
atheists try to bring up old testament doctrines and call me a hypocrite for now following them. Talk to a jew buddy, I am not subject to the old covenant, rather, the new.. Homosexuality is condemned in both the new and old.
Even more derp!

You DO know that Timothy and Romans are in the NEW testament? RIGHT? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Quote:
Never claimed to be sinless. But I believe every word of the bible. Every last one, as definitive truth.
Except for the first half? You don't believe in the first testament unless you are a Jew, right?

Quote:
I don't always follow everything I believe, so yeah, in that regard, I'm a hypocrite.
Look up two lines where you complain about people calling you a hypocrite.... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOCOPTER!

Quote:
The difference is that I know the difference between right and wrong. Simply because I have a tenancy to do something, doesn't mean I try to justify it.
So you openly and knowingly commit sins figuring you will just ask for forgiveness later? That works? So Christians can openly steal and murder but they can't be gay?

Quote:
Saying you're a christian but have no problem with homosexuality is like saying, 'I'm a christian, but I don't really believe the written word of God. It's old and no longer relevant to me".
Why does that apply only to being gay and not the WRITTEN WORD OF GOD that you OPENLY disobey? LOL! Keep on digging that hole, buddy.

Last edited by Xander_Crews; 07-31-2014 at 04:57 PM..

Old 07-31-2014, 05:30 PM

2,825 posts, read 3,284,658 times
Let's get back to the original question and focus on the specific states of the south, but I shouldn't be surprised that this is the direction the thread has gone.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:56 PM

13,428 posts, read 17,016,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJayCB View Post
Let's get back to the original question and focus on the specific states of the south, but I shouldn't be surprised that this is the direction the thread has gone.
You shouldn't be surprised because it's the conservative Christian influence over the South that's making those states the last holdouts in the debate. But as I said before, it's a moot point because sooner rather than later, the SCOTUS will rule that state laws banning same-sex marriage (or any kind of marriage, probably) are unconstitutional, just as they ruled that sodomy laws were unconstitutional.

And that will be that.

Next polarizing social issue, please?

Old 07-31-2014, 06:27 PM

I'm not digging a whole. You have comprehension issues. You are doing what liberals have done for years -- taking bits and pieces of my comments and ignoring the rest to create a firestorm.

I don't support gay marriage. No, I never said I was better than them. I never said Timothy wasn't in the new testament, I was referencing your point as a whole (as anyone with half a brain can observe). I also never said that I don't believe the old testament. I believe every word of the old testament. I am no longer under those laws, because those laws were abolished by the death of Christ. That doesn't mean I don't believe them or that they served a purpose for the time in which they were given. Prior to the death of Christ, there was no forgiveness. We were judged based on merit. That is no longer the case. Already know your next point is going to be 'well if you're not judged based on merit, then why does it matter if your gay? YOUR FORGIVEN!'. Save me.

Stop nitpicking what I say and then proclaiming I'm 'digging a whole'. I'm more than content with what I have said to you in argument. I would repeat the exact same arguments back to you. You seem to be the only one concerned with 'winning' this debate.

Grow up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.